X2000 Reservations

Old August 25th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Andy Shoemaker

Default X2000 Reservations

A friend and I are looking to take the X2000 between Stockholm and
Gothenburg in about a month. The only official option for advanced
booking from the United States seems to be by Rail Europe, from which I
can only find full-price fares on that route ($191 in first, $150 in
second) and I believe with booking fees on top of that. Would it make
more sense to purchase the tickets a couple days before when we get to
Stockholm? If we do that, what are the chances of a train being full
and not being able to get a reservation?

- Andy

Old August 25th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Lennart Petersen

"Andy Shoemaker" skrev i meddelandet
A friend and I are looking to take the X2000 between Stockholm and
Gothenburg in about a month. The only official option for advanced
booking from the United States seems to be by Rail Europe, from which I
can only find full-price fares on that route ($191 in first, $150 in
second) and I believe with booking fees on top of that. Would it make
more sense to purchase the tickets a couple days before when we get to
Stockholm? If we do that, what are the chances of a train being full
and not being able to get a reservation?
- Andy

Seem to be real expensive. Local bought in advance they're prices are much
lower and the Just Nu (just now) ticket may be as low as 350SEK only but
prices rises due to demand.
Unfortunately you can't make a reservation on SJ website unless you've a
credit card issued in the Nordic countries but people from outside is
advised to use the Sweden booking site
http://www.swedenbooking.com/
A couple of days ahead in Stockholm is also an option and it's not so likely
the train is sold out.