Help. Advice needed on cheap(ish) hotels in Naples

Old October 2nd, 2004, 02:13 AM
MC

Default Help. Advice needed on cheap(ish) hotels in Naples

Need advice on accommodation and I am in a bit of a hurry to find somewhere
to stay.

I've looked at 1*, 2*, and even 3* hotels in the centre of Naples but I have
heard that some hotels and/or areas of the city are very seedy and
"dangerous". Could someone advise which hotels and areas of the city I
should avoid. Also, if anyone could offer some recommendations of good
hotels I would be most grateful.

I will be staying for four nights at the end of this month (Oct) and wish to
vist Pompei. I am on a very strict budget for accommodation and I did not
realise how expensive staying in Naples can be, hence looking at the lower
end of the market up to around 60 Euros pn.

Regards

MC

Old October 2nd, 2004, 08:49 PM
Watcher

"MC" wrote in message et...
Need advice on accommodation and I am in a bit of a hurry to find somewhere
to stay.

I've looked at 1*, 2*, and even 3* hotels in the centre of Naples but I have
heard that some hotels and/or areas of the city are very seedy and
"dangerous". Could someone advise which hotels and areas of the city I
should avoid. Also, if anyone could offer some recommendations of good
hotels I would be most grateful.

I will be staying for four nights at the end of this month (Oct) and wish to
vist Pompei. I am on a very strict budget for accommodation and I did not
realise how expensive staying in Naples can be, hence looking at the lower
end of the market up to around 60 Euros pn.

Regards

MC

If your purpose is to visit Pompeii, consider staying in Sorrento,
rather than Naples. In fact, you could even do a daytrip to Pompeii
from Rome if you catch an early train.

Old October 3rd, 2004, 03:31 AM
MC

"Watcher" wrote in message
om...
"MC" wrote in message
et...
[...]

My main reason was to visit Pompeii, however I will have a further 2 days to
kill. I already have a BA flight into Naples and this does not arrive till
22:20 so it will be rather late to get anywhere other than Naples and I will
not be hiring a car.

MC

Old October 3rd, 2004, 10:34 AM
Sharon

Hello,
Please check-out this site,www.members.fortunecity.co.uk/tradhomes/
there are some very good and cheap hotels.
Good luck,
Sharon.

"MC" wrote in message ...
"Watcher" wrote in message
om...
et...

Old October 3rd, 2004, 02:11 PM
MC

"Sharon" wrote in message
om...
Hello,
Please check-out this site,www.members.fortunecity.co.uk/tradhomes/
there are some very good and cheap hotels.
Good luck,
Sharon.

Sorry, but for some reason all I get is a dns error.

MC

Old October 3rd, 2004, 08:49 PM
Sharon

N.B.

Hello again,
I apologise for the mistake; instead of 'www', it should be http
i.e.
http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/tradhomes/

Please try again.
Sharon.

Old October 4th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Poetic Justice

MC wrote:
I've looked at 1*, 2*, and even 3* hotels in
the centre of Naples but I have heard that
some hotels and/or areas of the city are
very seedy and "dangerous". Could
someone advise which hotels and areas
of the city I should avoid. Also, if anyone
could offer some recommendations of
good hotels I would be most grateful.

You'll want to avoid the Centrale Train Station/Piazza Garibaldi area if
you don't want seedy.
It's the area I've stayed in on 4 trips so I can't help with hotel
recommendations in better areas.
Try posting and searching (naples AND hotel) on the Fodor's
Forum/Travel Talk www.fodors.com/forums/
Also try www.tripadvisor.com and www.venere.com I haven't used 'venere'
in a while but you can usually bring-up maps showing the hotels in
certain locations and customer reviews.
I emailed you some info (mosly directions) to the sites (Pompeii,
Herculaneum, etc), the title will be POMPEII-NAPLES so you don't can it
as spam. Regards, Walter

...And Paradise Was Lost...like teardrops in the rain...

Old October 4th, 2004, 03:01 AM
MC

"Poetic Justice" wrote in message

You'll want to avoid the Centrale Train Station/Piazza Garibaldi area if
you don't want seedy.
It's the area I've stayed in on 4 trips so I can't help with hotel
recommendations in better areas.
Try posting and searching (naples AND hotel) on the Fodor's
Forum/Travel Talk www.fodors.com/forums/
Also try www.tripadvisor.com and www.venere.com I haven't used 'venere'
in a while but you can usually bring-up maps showing the hotels in
certain locations and customer reviews.
I emailed you some info (mosly directions) to the sites (Pompeii,
Herculaneum, etc), the title will be POMPEII-NAPLES so you don't can it
as spam. Regards, Walter

Thanks for that. However, for some unknown reason the hotmail addy has
stopped working (probably not used it in a while) You can send to:

(remove the uppercase letters)
Thanks for your time and efforts.

Regards

MC