Rome Lodging

Old January 17th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Mike Domash

Default Rome Lodging

We're looking for a centrally located (Centro Storico), small hotel/B &B, in
the 200 Eur. price rance (for a double). Any suggestions would be much
appeciated.

Thanks,

Mike Domash

Old January 17th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Ken Blake

"Mike Domash" wrote in message

We're looking for a centrally located (Centro Storico), small

hotel/B &B, in
the 200 Eur. price rance (for a double). Any suggestions would

be much
appeciated.

I have two recommendations for you, both well under 200Euro: the
Hotel Arenula, and
the San Pantaleo. I've stayed at and liked both. They are both in
your price range, and although not luxurious, they are
comfortable, quiet (not always easy to find in Rome), and their
locations are close to ideal.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Old January 17th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Mike Domash

Thanks Ken, I've noticed you've responded to some other questions about
Rome. Ever heard of the Residenza Canali ai Coronari? I found a reference to
it on the web and it's web site looks nice. Thanks for your help.

Mike

Old January 17th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Graham Harrison

I've stayed in http://www.htlsantamaria.com/ on a couple of occasions. It
is not in THE centre but it's an easy walk across the Tiber to Argentina
from where there are buses if you really want one but Rome is a walking
city. The walk out of the back up the hill to the Vatican allows beautiful
views across the city.
--
*****
*****The "return to" address embedded in this mail is wrong as an antispam

Old January 17th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Olivers

Mike Domash muttered....

We're looking for a centrally located (Centro Storico), small hotel/B
&B, in the 200 Eur. price rance (for a double). Any suggestions would
be much appeciated.

I have nothing but good to post about the Hotel Regno on the Corso about 3
blocks NW of the Wedding Cake/Vittorio Emmanuel Mt.), easy walking (and
delightful spectating/window shopping to fountains, Spanish Steps, Piazza
Navona, Argentina and Campo de Fiore, decent bus access, plenty of taxis,
convenient but not to close to Termini, clean, well polished, responsive
staff, breakfast well above average, only hesitancy would be for those who
rent cars, a mistake in Rome in my opinion, is that parking is farther than
far.....

TMO
Old January 17th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Ken Blake

Thanks Ken, I've noticed you've responded to some other

questions about
Rome.

You're welcome. yes, I've been to Rome about a dozen times, and
know it fairly well.

Ever heard of the Residenza Canali ai Coronari? I found a

reference to
it on the web and it's web site looks nice. Thanks for your

help.

No, I've never heard of it before, but just went to their web
site myself. I agree that it looks very nice, and it's in a good
location.

Old January 17th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Mike Domash

Graham,

This place looks great! We wanted to be in the centro storico, but we're
great walkers. Is it as charming as it looks?

Thanks for the recommendation.

Mike

--

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message ...

Old January 18th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Wanstall

Vhttp://www.guestinitaly.com/hotels/rome/r039.htm
I recomend this pensione
I have travelled to rome many times and always stay here when I can.
The pensione is basic but Mamma Mia!
the location!!
about 100meters from piazza di spagna
Franco Erdarelli is a charming host and his knowledge of Rome is great
good luck
Neil Wanstall

Old January 18th, 2004, 01:34 PM
B Vaughan

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:53:00 GMT, "Mike Domash"
wrote:

We're looking for a centrally located (Centro Storico), small hotel/B &B, in
the 200 Eur. price rance (for a double). Any suggestions would be much
appeciated.

B&Bs are a rather new concept in Italy. Several months ago, I posted a
report on several B&Bs in central Rome that were reviewed in a Touring
Club Italiano magazine. I have no personal experience, but they
sounded pretty nice. You should be able to find this posting in the
google archives.
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it