airports with good food...

Old March 31st, 2007, 02:48 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_MORAN

Default airports with good food...

there is the Tower Grill at the base of the Tucson Tower KTUS that has
good food. You can tie down your plane and walk from the tie down to the
cafe. Another good place near the airport is Jerry Bob's Most of the
Local Police and airport security people can often be found here..

Sedona or KSEZ has a nice cafe at the airport too. Again, it's a short
walk from where you tie can tie down your plane. I have flown there and
flown back to KDVT (Deer Valley) with a friend.

Now when I have to or want to go someplace, I get a plane, file a flight
plan and go...

flying is the symbol of freedom, it's even better when you are the pilot

JOHN

Old March 31st, 2007, 02:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
JA_MORAN wrote:

there is the Tower Grill at the base of the Tucson Tower KTUS that has
good food. You can tie down your plane and walk from the tie down to the
cafe. Another good place near the airport is Jerry Bob's Most of the
Local Police and airport security people can often be found here..

Sedona or KSEZ has a nice cafe at the airport too. Again, it's a short
walk from where you tie can tie down your plane. I have flown there and
flown back to KDVT (Deer Valley) with a friend.

Now when I have to or want to go someplace, I get a plane, file a flight
plan and go...

flying is the symbol of freedom, it's even better when you are the pilot

Philadelphia International Airport has great food. I was stuck there for
five hours due to a blizzard a few years ago. The delay began early in
the morning; around 5:00am and I had no trouble finding a decent place
to have breakfast. I even ate lunch at the food court where I had a
great Philly cheese steak sandwich and the prices were quite reasonable.
Old April 1st, 2007, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl

On Mar 31, 6:05 pm, Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,

Philadelphia International Airport has great food.

I'd say Seattle-Tacoma also, with, I recall from 2005, a wide range of
local specialties. Not cheap, though few airports are. Bangkok's new
airport is a rare exception of apparent value for money ... for food
that is, not for the rest of the services normally expected of an
airport.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old April 1st, 2007, 12:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
George Max[_2_]

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:48:57 -0700, JA_MORAN
wrote:

there is the Tower Grill at the base of the Tucson Tower KTUS that has
good food. You can tie down your plane and walk from the tie down to the
cafe. Another good place near the airport is Jerry Bob's Most of the
Local Police and airport security people can often be found here..

Sedona or KSEZ has a nice cafe at the airport too. Again, it's a short
walk from where you tie can tie down your plane. I have flown there and
flown back to KDVT (Deer Valley) with a friend.

Now when I have to or want to go someplace, I get a plane, file a flight
plan and go...

flying is the symbol of freedom, it's even better when you are the pilot

JOHN

I like the Outback Steakhouse in the Cincinnati airport.
Old April 1st, 2007, 01:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Louis Krupp

grusl wrote:
On Mar 31, 6:05 pm, Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,

Philadelphia International Airport has great food.

I'd say Seattle-Tacoma also, with, I recall from 2005, a wide range of
local specialties. Not cheap, though few airports are. Bangkok's new
airport is a rare exception of apparent value for money ... for food
that is, not for the rest of the services normally expected of an
airport.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Denver International has a Pour La France on the B concourse. It's not
cheap, but it's good.

Louis
Old April 1st, 2007, 11:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JohnT

"grusl" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 31, 6:05 pm, Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,

Philadelphia International Airport has great food.

I'd say Seattle-Tacoma also, with, I recall from 2005, a wide range of
local specialties. Not cheap, though few airports are. Bangkok's new
airport is a rare exception of apparent value for money ... for food
that is, not for the rest of the services normally expected of an
airport.

Durham/Tees Valley (MME) was reasonable last time I was there.

JohnT

Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:02 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Blake S

PDX has a few decent places, and the airport requires that they charge the
same price as they do at the restaurant's other locations. Haven't seen any
other airports do this.

Old April 3rd, 2007, 07:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Bob Myers

"Blake S" wrote in message
link.net...
PDX has a few decent places, and the airport requires that they charge the
same price as they do at the restaurant's other locations. Haven't seen
any other airports do this.

DEN at least started out this way (well, they were allowed to charge a
slight premium, but prices in general were comparable to other locations
for the chain restaurants). This seems to have changed over the years
- I paid the unfortunately-typical $2.00+ for a bottle of water there
just a few weeks ago. Sigh. On the other hand, I think you can
still do well price-wise at the chains (McDonald's, Panda Express,
Burger King, etc. are all there) if you can tolerate their food.

Bob M.