US Airways babble

Old August 31st, 2004, 09:09 PM
Alec D. Plotkin

Default US Airways babble

As we work to restructure our company, I want to update you on the
progress being made in the implementation of the US Airways
Transformation Plan since it means exciting things for our customers and
we know that our business depends on the patronage of valued customers
like you.

Our Transformation Plan is a broad initiative that positions US Airways
as a more competitive airline in our fast-changing business. As a
customer, there are many benefits of the plan that you might have
already experienced, including the introduction of lower and simplified
GoFares, more nonstop flights on popular routes, and more
customer-friendly tools on usairways.com and at airport check-in kiosks.

The core of our Transformation Plan focuses on achieving a more
competitive cost structure and adapting to the new airline marketplace
realities, like simpler fares and more point-to-point service. That
also means further improving our productivity and operational
efficiencies. As part of this effort, we continue to negotiate with our
labor unions to achieve the necessary employee cost reductions that are
part of our overall cost reduction effort. While the negotiations are a
required part of implementing our plan, they have no direct impact on
our ability to professionally serve you, nor do they affect your ability
to earn or redeem Dividend Miles to the more than 750 worldwide
destinations we offer as a Star Alliance member airline.

As I stated earlier, we are committed to expanding our GoFares to
eventually extend them to every US Airways customer who travels our
domestic network. We have already started rolling out our unbelievably
low GoFares and now offer these fares between 40 cities and Reagan
Washington National and between 23 cities and Philadelphia. Nearly 20
percent of our domestic passengers are traveling on GoFares today, and
we continue to hear from passengers who want us to bring GoFares to
their communities. That is absolutely the plan.

Our Transformation Plan is built on growth at our largest cities:
Charlotte, Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.,
including more service to popular business and leisure destinations. We
will also continue growing in Latin America and the Caribbean through
our new international gateway at the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood
International Airport. By February 2005, US Airways expects to be the
low-fare favorite for South Florida, serving 23 destinations nonstop
from Fort Lauderdale in Latin America, the Caribbean and throughout the
US Airways domestic network. Charlotte's strategic position as the best
connecting hub in the Southeast will permit a continuing trend of
domestic and international growth. In Pittsburgh, we are reducing our
schedule, but will continue to serve approximately 50 cities nonstop,
including 28 of our 30 largest destinations.

There will be many other benefits from the future US Airways that you
will be hearing about in the coming months. We stand ready to serve you
better while we continue to work behind the scenes on moving our airline
to a platform of success. We thank you again for being our customer and
a valued member of Dividend Miles.

These continue to be challenging times for much of the airline industry,
and most of our competitors are going through their own versions of
transformation. We plan to get there first and we are absolutely
committed to restructuring US Airways into an airline that is built
around the needs of our customers. I will continue to update you with
additional Transformation Plan milestones as they unfold.

Sincerely,

B. Ben Baldanza
Senior Vice President
Marketing and Planning
US Airways, Inc.
Old September 1st, 2004, 01:08 AM

....reminds me of the press Braniff was putting out in their last days
....very sad
Old September 2nd, 2004, 03:59 AM
Len C.

Received the same FORM letter the other day as a Dividend Miles member.
Have flights booked as far out as Feb., 2005 lets hope they are still
around by then!

Len...

Old September 2nd, 2004, 07:46 PM
Jeff Hacker

Very true - and I'm an ex-Braniff guy.

I think the problem is they just don't realize what (if anything) they can
do - looks like a panic to me. Again, very sad.

Jeff