When's the rainy season in Thailand? (if there is one!)

Old September 20th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Matt

Default When's the rainy season in Thailand? (if there is one!)

Hi All

I'm planning a 4 month trip to Oz and Thailand from january to end of
april. I'm trying to figure out when to go where first. Does Thailand
have a rainy season? if so, when is it usually? I'm thinking of going
to Oz for about 10 of my 16 weeks and then go to Thailand in midmarch
to april..but dont' want to be stuck in a rain slicker the whole time!

Any help is greatly appreciated. You can email me at

Cheers

Matt

Old September 20th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Miguel Cruz

Matt wrote:
I'm planning a 4 month trip to Oz and Thailand from january to end of
april. I'm trying to figure out when to go where first. Does Thailand
have a rainy season? if so, when is it usually? I'm thinking of going
to Oz for about 10 of my 16 weeks and then go to Thailand in midmarch
to april..but dont' want to be stuck in a rain slicker the whole time!

Thailand is a big place (not as big as Canada, admittedly) and the weather
cycles vary substantially from one part of the country to another.

You can find rainy seasons by plugging major cities into a site like
www.worldclimate.com and looking for the peak precipiation periods.

miguel
Old September 21st, 2005, 12:49 AM
David Bennetts

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All

I'm planning a 4 month trip to Oz and Thailand from january to end of
april. I'm trying to figure out when to go where first. Does Thailand
have a rainy season? if so, when is it usually? I'm thinking of going
to Oz for about 10 of my 16 weeks and then go to Thailand in midmarch
to april..but dont' want to be stuck in a rain slicker the whole time!

Any help is greatly appreciated. You can email me at

Cheers

Matt

You should be OK for Thailand, but if you're planning to spend your time in
the northern parts of Australia during that period you could be in for a wet
spell. See
http://www.on-samui.com/info-thailand/climate.html for info on
Thai climate.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old September 21st, 2005, 05:24 AM
Adam Grinter

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All

I'm planning a 4 month trip to Oz and Thailand from january to end of
april. I'm trying to figure out when to go where first. Does Thailand
have a rainy season? if so, when is it usually? I'm thinking of going
to Oz for about 10 of my 16 weeks and then go to Thailand in midmarch
to april..but dont' want to be stuck in a rain slicker the whole time!

Thailand is fine for all of that time, although January is the high tourist
season. Actually, it is also high season in Australia as schools take the
summer break from Christmas through to the end of January or the start of
February (varies from sate to state).

Weather-wise, the best course would be Thailand first, avoiding the hot and
wet (Northern Australia) and hot and dry (Southern Australia) in January.

Then straight to Southern Australia in mid February (still hot, but
everyone's back at work or school), working your way north as the weather
cools over March and April.