Single American in Oz

Old February 4th, 2005, 06:31 PM

Default Single American in Oz

Hey there.. 34 y/o single american guy going to Oz. Trying to figure
out:

1) How hard to meet a group of folks to hang out with, party, see
sights, whatever? Are there any places that single travelers (or solo
travelers, whatever) go?

2) Hostel or motel? Pro's, cons? What do you do w/ your luggage in
a hostel?

Queensland is my destination.. for a week. Sydney/Melbourne for a
week.

Thanks all!!!
Dave

Old February 4th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Jeff

Welcome to Oz

2 stay at backackers , you will meet lots of party animals, some holiday
destinations there are certain bar magbets for travellers, esp in Cairns,
Whitsundays and Byron Bay.
backpackers, some have lockers, otherwise leave with office
pros- good for meeting people and fellow travellers
- party heaven
- cool people
- more fun

cons-
depends whether you like your privacy

motel
pros - privacy
cons- seeing the inside of 4 walls, more pricy then backpackers

Cheers
Jeff
http://community.webshots.com/user/surfoz

oups.com...

Old February 5th, 2005, 02:25 AM
roy

backpacker hostels work, unless you have a serious antisocial disease
you would have great difficulty not meeting folk to party with for the
short term.

Old February 5th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey there.. 34 y/o single american guy going to Oz. Trying to figure
out:

1) How hard to meet a group of folks to hang out with, party, see
sights, whatever? Are there any places that single travelers (or solo
travelers, whatever) go?

2) Hostel or motel? Pro's, cons? What do you do w/ your luggage in
a hostel?

Queensland is my destination.. for a week. Sydney/Melbourne for a
week.

Thanks all!!!
Dave

Nobody, but nobody, talks to the neighbours in a motel. Avoid them like the
plague!

Hostels and backpacker buses are the go!

Gerrit

Old February 5th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Dan Santoro

If you're a rugby player I could help you in Queensland..........in Syd go
to the Bondi area and get a room @ the Beach Road Hotel..........fun bars
& people (been 2x)........about $60 US a night

Old February 6th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Jeff

"Gerrit 't Hart" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey there.. 34 y/o single american guy going to Oz. Trying to figure
out:

1) How hard to meet a group of folks to hang out with, party, see
sights, whatever? Are there any places that single travelers (or solo
travelers, whatever) go?

2) Hostel or motel? Pro's, cons? What do you do w/ your luggage in
a hostel?

Queensland is my destination.. for a week. Sydney/Melbourne for a
week.

Thanks all!!!
Dave

Nobody, but nobody, talks to the neighbours in a motel. Avoid them like
the
plague!

Hostels and backpacker buses are the go!

Gerrit

yes, buses, what about Oz Experience!!. they are full of young travellers...