Can you guess the name and location of this canyon?

Old April 8th, 2007, 12:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
MyVacationPlaces.COM Webmaster

Default Can you guess the name and location of this canyon?

I have been doing a "guess where this photo (of a canyon) contest" on
my website for several weeks, and so far no one has guessed it
correctly. I will send $5.00 (by Paypal) to the first correct user
on our website, who logs in to our forum and correctly identifies this
canyon by it generally recognized name and location (this is not a
trick question). I have already given these "clues" after previous
guesses:

1. It is NOT located south of the equator anywhere, so you can rule
out New Zealand, Australia, Antartica g, and the outhern portions of
Africa, and South America....

2. Sorry, this picture was not in Bryce Canyon (nor anywhere in the
state of Utah - That 's clue#2)

3. This picture is not of any canyon located in Arizona, Nevada or New
Mexico.

4. This picture is not of any canyon in Colorado, nor Wyoming either.

5. This picture is not of a canyon anywhere in Idaho, nor is it
anywhere in next-door Montana

You can view the picture and rules about this contest in the "General
Vacation Places Messages & Questions" Forum Area of http://MyVacationPlaces.com

--or--

Or here is a direct link to the forum and post, if you just want to
check it out, before deciding to register on the website and venture a
guess:

http://www.myvacationplaces.com/Home...s/Default.aspx

Please help me give this money away....I know it is only 5 dollars but
I really want someone to win this.

Old April 9th, 2007, 02:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on 7 Apr 2007 16:36:51 -0700,
"MyVacationPlaces.COM Webmaster" has
scripted:

I have been doing a "guess where this photo (of a canyon) contest" on
my website for several weeks, and so far no one has guessed it
correctly. I will send $5.00 (by Paypal) to the first correct user
on our website, who logs in to our forum and correctly identifies this
canyon by it generally recognized name and location (this is not a
trick question). I have already given these "clues" after previous
guesses:

Is it in Albania?

Here is a photo I took which looks like the same location:
http://deepfriedmars.com/OddPics/AlbaniaTrees.JPG
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

I have been doing a "guess where this photo (of a canyon) contest" on
my website for several weeks, and so far no one has guessed it
correctly. I will send $5.00 (by Paypal) to the first correct user
on our website, who logs in to our forum and correctly identifies this
canyon by it generally recognized name and location (this is not a
trick question).

Nis Gorges in Yugoslavia?

(If I won, forget it - I used to have a PayPal account but forgot the
password, and they offer no sensibly secure way to fix it, so **** 'em).

Old April 10th, 2007, 02:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
MyVacationPlaces.COM Webmaster

On Apr 9, 3:08 pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
I have been doing a "guess where this photo (of a canyon) contest" on
my website for several weeks, and so far no one has guessed it
correctly. I will send $5.00 (by Paypal) to the first correct user
on our website, who logs in to our forum and correctly identifies this
canyon by it generally recognized name and location (this is not a
trick question).

Nis Gorges in Yugoslavia?

(If I won, forget it - I used to have a PayPal account but forgot the
password, and they offer no sensibly secure way to fix it, so **** 'em).

Sorry, it is not in Albania and is not Nis Gorges in Yugoslavia
either.....I just posted a new clue on Myvacationplaces.com
Here is the direct link.

http://www.myvacationplaces.com/Home...s/Default.aspx

p.s. if the eventaul winner (must post the answer on the site), does
not wish to use paypal, I will donate the prize to the charity of
their choice.....

Old April 10th, 2007, 10:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on 9 Apr 2007 18:13:32 -0700,

wrote:
I have been doing a "guess where this photo (of a canyon) contest" on
my website for several weeks, and so far no one has guessed it
correctly. I will send $5.00 (by Paypal) to the first correct user
on our website, who logs in to our forum and correctly identifies this
canyon by it generally recognized name and location (this is not a
trick question).

Nis Gorges in Yugoslavia?

(If I won, forget it - I used to have a PayPal account but forgot the
password, and they offer no sensibly secure way to fix it, so **** 'em).

Sorry, it is not in Albania and is not Nis Gorges in Yugoslavia
either.....I just posted a new clue on Myvacationplaces.com
Here is the direct link.

http://www.myvacationplaces.com/Home...s/Default.aspx

Ah, so it's in the USA. Sorry, but I don't think your one blurry photo
with no detail is going to have many people continuing to guess. It
obviously could be in any of a number of places.

Also, you're likely to get a hostile response in this place if you
post something that both looks spammy, and is USA centric.
--
---

Old April 10th, 2007, 10:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

It could be :
1) Gorges du Verdon.
2) Les Demoiselles (sp?), Queyras national park.
3) Gorges du Daluis. I rule out the Cians due to the colour of the rock.
4) Gorges de la Bourne, or any of the ones nearby.
4) There are a number of formations like that around Lago Maggiore.

--
Tim C.
Old April 10th, 2007, 12:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
-hh

Default OT contest ... solved

Deeply Filled Mortician

http://www.myvacationplaces.com/Home...threadid/20/fo...

Ah, so it's in the USA. Sorry, but I don't think your one blurry photo
with no detail is going to have many people continuing to guess. It
obviously could be in any of a number of places.

A better example of the 'clue' photo can be found he

http://georgiaparks.org/net/content/...752&s=20.0.1.5

Also, you're likely to get a hostile response in this place if you
post something that both looks spammy, and is USA centric.

Which means one way to get rid of him is to solve his little riddle.

The photo is from Georgia.

Specifically, Providence Canyon State Park.

Its around an hour south of Fort Benning (Columbus, GA).

Please donate the $5 prize to DAN (Diver's Alert Network; www.dan.org).

This info has also been posted to his website; timestamp is "Posted :
4/10/2007 6:04:24 AM"

-hh