Hotel rates in Sri Lanka

Old February 14th, 2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Default Hotel rates in Sri Lanka

Why two rates in Sri Lanka
one for locals and one for foreigners?
Most of the time its almost double...not very good way to treat people

Old February 16th, 2006, 05:52 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

justme wrote:
Why two rates in Sri Lanka
one for locals and one for foreigners?
Most of the time its almost double...not very

prices in Sru Lanka depend on yr ability to bargain
depending on the hotel class.
you will hardly pay more than 50 dollars a night for a double room.

Old February 16th, 2006, 01:37 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

"tile" wrote in message
justme wrote:
Why two rates in Sri Lanka
one for locals and one for foreigners?
Most of the time its almost double...not very

prices in Sru Lanka depend on yr ability to bargain
depending on the hotel class.
you will hardly pay more than 50 dollars a night for a double room.

care to let me know what hotel offers a rate of $50 US in Colombo or ?

Old February 16th, 2006, 05:48 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

justme wrote:
"tile" wrote in message
justme wrote:
Why two rates in Sri Lanka
one for locals and one for foreigners?
Most of the time its almost double...not very

prices in Sru Lanka depend on yr ability to bargain
depending on the hotel class.
you will hardly pay more than 50 dollars a night for a double room.

care to let me know what hotel offers a rate of $50 US in Colombo or ?

I took the hotel Taj ( pronounce TAK)
near the airport

they even picked me up at the airport ( it is very expensive normally )

a very nice 4 stars hotel..
use the normal bboking companies

www.asiahotels.com e www.precisionreservationscom

and you will see the good rates..

on my way back I stayed i a hotel in Ngombo..
near the sea and with the biggest swimmingpool of Sri Lanka..
nearby there was a small restaurant where i could eat with less than 5
dollars..
fresh fish cooked on the spot.

In Sighyria for 50 dollars I had a small house ( hotels do not have usually
rooms.. but small houses in the jungle ) and the rate was 50.00 dollars

I guess the rate is 50 dollars for 4 stars and about 70 to 100 for 5 stars..

Old February 17th, 2006, 02:47 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

how the hell do you bargain with these dudes there?
"Sander van Hulsenbeek" wrote in message
. ..
before or after bargaining - ?

Old February 17th, 2006, 05:58 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

"justme" wrote in message

"tile" wrote in message
justme wrote:
Why two rates in Sri Lanka
one for locals and one for foreigners?
Most of the time its almost double...not very

prices in Sru Lanka depend on yr ability to bargain
depending on the hotel class.
you will hardly pay more than 50 dollars a night for a double room.

care to let me know what hotel offers a rate of $50 US in Colombo or
?

after bargaining

the trick I use is this
I give 5 or 10 dollars to a person there that works with tourism
He calls the hotels and books for me
he does the bargaining
and I was never disappointed.

Old February 18th, 2006, 04:00 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

"justme" wrote in message

"tile" wrote in message
justme wrote:
Why two rates in Sri Lanka
one for locals and one for foreigners?
Most of the time its almost double...not very

prices in Sru Lanka depend on yr ability to bargain
depending on the hotel class.
you will hardly pay more than 50 dollars a night for a double room.

care to let me know what hotel offers a rate of $50 US in Colombo or
?

after bargaining

the trick I use is this
I give 5 or 10 dollars to a person there that works with tourism
He calls the hotels and books for me
he does the bargaining
and I was never disappointed.

What is a good booking agent I need to contact there in Colombo?
You are so helpful would love to know

Old February 19th, 2006, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

"justme" wrote in message

"tile" wrote in message
justme wrote:
Why two rates in Sri Lanka
one for locals and one for foreigners?
Most of the time its almost double...not very

prices in Sru Lanka depend on yr ability to bargain
depending on the hotel class.
you will hardly pay more than 50 dollars a night for a double
room.
care to let me know what hotel offers a rate of $50 US in Colombo
or ?

after bargaining

the trick I use is this
I give 5 or 10 dollars to a person there that works with tourism
He calls the hotels and books for me
he does the bargaining
and I was never disappointed.

What is a good booking agent I need to contact there in Colombo?
You are so helpful would love to know

I usually book the first night in internet
there are a few very good and cheap and efficient
booking companies

www.asiahotels.com

www.precisionreservations.com

and so on