39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

Old July 9th, 2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Richard[_8_]

Default 39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

Clinton was Impeached (a Constitutional term equal to indited Congress).
Congress then failed in the vote to remove him from office.

Richard

Old July 9th, 2007, 04:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sechumlib

On 2007-07-09 09:07:01 -0400, "Richard" said:

Clinton was Impeached (a Constitutional term equal to indited Congress).
Congress then failed in the vote to remove him from office.

Rabbits hop.

Old July 9th, 2007, 05:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Hatunen

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 07:58:33 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"

On 2007-07-08 18:54:04 -0400, George Graves said:

Had I been the judge, as I've said before, the man would have done time -
starting the minute his presidency was up.

There you go again! Have you NO decency, sir? More particularly, have
you NO concept of the difference between an impeachment trial in
Congress and a criminal trial in court?

He has also never heard of the constitutional protection from double
jeopardy. That doesn't surprise me.

Impeachment is non-criminal in nature, so double jeopardy
considerations do not attach. In fact, conviction of a crime is
one of the reasons for an impeachment, which has only the effect
of removal from office.

Old July 9th, 2007, 05:31 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Hatunen

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 08:35:47 -0400, sechumlib

On 2007-07-09 02:44:51 -0400, Sam Spade said:

What an ass. I have insurance and was there with a legitmate medical
issue. I had called my doctor's exchange first and the doctor on call
told me to go to the ER with my conition.

...whatever a "conition" might be.

Ah. You've raised the flag. I presume we are all free to peruse
your postings for misspellings and typos and bring them to your
attention.

Old July 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
George Graves

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 04:56:49 -0700, Matthew L. Martin wrote
(in article ):

George Graves wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 16:31:37 -0700, sechumlib wrote
(in article ):

On 2007-07-08 18:54:04 -0400, George Graves said:

Please show me where, in any code of jurisprudence in the country where it
gives a witness the right to lie under oath about anything?
Please show me where, in any sensible political system, a politician
will put the chief executive in a position where he might lie under
oath about anything as trivial as a blow job? And use that as a reason
to try to get rid of a chief executive who is doing a perfectly fine
job?

There is simply no way around this. Clinton LIED under oath. End of story.
All side issues are irrelevant.

You live in an interesting world of black and white. Were you GWB's
roommate? The Republican Senate was smarter than you.

And this has to do with the Republican Senate, how? Understand that the court
indictment for perjury and the impeachment proceedings are entirely different
things.

No politician with scruples would have done such a thing. Which types
the Republican Congress perfectly.

That is the point. Clinton was impeached for what the founders would
have considered a trivial matter.

Lying under oath to grand jury is NOT a trivial matter. It never ceases to
amaze me that you Clinton apologists cannot separate the crime (perjury
before a grand jury) from what Clinton lied about (getting a BJ from Monica
Lewinski). You seem to think that the triviality of the subject about which
Clinton lied in some way makes the fact that he lied trivial. It doesn't.
Under the law, it doesn't matter what one lies about, perjury is a FELONY.
Clinton could have lied about what he had for breakfast that morning, and it
would be same or he could have lied about ordering someone's murder and it
would be the same. The law is the same in both instances. It doesn't matter
what the subject is or how trivial or grave the lie. Perjury is perjury and
it cannot be condoned or excused. Clinton got-off light. He should have
served time as you or I would certainly do were we to be caught perjuring
ourselves before a Federal Grand Jury.

It came no where near treason or
bribery in the impact on the nation.

Irrelevant. You just don't get it, do you?

If he had done what Scooter Libby
did he should have been convicted.

Irrelevant

Matthew

Old July 9th, 2007, 05:50 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
George Graves

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 05:41:24 -0700, sechumlib wrote
(in article ):

On 2007-07-08 23:24:48 -0400, George Graves said:

Sir, in this country, if YOU or I were to lie under oath, in court, YOU or I
would go to jail.

Why don't you just dispense with your fake courtesy and call me
"asshole"? That's the name I apply to you - privately, anyway.

The courtesy is not fake. I don't necessarily think that everyone with whom I
disagree on any given subject warrants the name asshole. Perhaps, I don't
wish to polarize myself to that degree. Extreme polarization seems to be a
Liberal trait. One is either a fellow traveler or an asshole. There seems to
be no other choice form liberals.

Old July 9th, 2007, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
George Graves

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 04:58:33 -0700, Matthew L. Martin wrote
(in article ):

On 2007-07-08 18:54:04 -0400, George Graves said:

Had I been the judge, as I've said before, the man would have done time -
starting the minute his presidency was up.

There you go again! Have you NO decency, sir? More particularly, have
you NO concept of the difference between an impeachment trial in
Congress and a criminal trial in court?

He has also never heard of the constitutional protection from double
jeopardy. That doesn't surprise me.

Matthew

Would you like to explain how Clinton's perjury in any way ivolved double
jeopardy? This I gotta hear!

Old July 9th, 2007, 05:54 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
George Graves

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 06:07:01 -0700, Richard wrote
(in article ):

Clinton was Impeached (a Constitutional term equal to indited Congress).
Congress then failed in the vote to remove him from office.

Richard

Yes, and....?

Old July 9th, 2007, 06:05 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

George Graves wrote:
Sir, in this country, if YOU or I were to lie under oath, in court, YOU or I
would go to jail.

But YOU OR I would NEVER have been called before a grand jury and asked
if we had a blow job. The whole situation was ABSURD to begin with and
the vast majority of your country knew it!!!!

....If you can't see that, then all I can say is that I hope your point
of view is a minority point of view, because if it is the majority
opinion in this matter, then may the fates help you as a nation,...

--
Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
Sawyer's Nicknames http://tinyurl.com/gowma
Old July 9th, 2007, 06:06 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sechumlib

On 2007-07-09 12:45:18 -0400, George Graves said:

Lying under oath to grand jury is NOT a trivial matter.

Not when applied to Clinton, according to your non-standards. What
about when applied to Lewis Libby?