Time Zones

Old February 25th, 2004, 12:42 AM
LES!

Default Time Zones

I remember someone saying that times of arrival and departure in each port
is set to the time zone of the embarkation port.

Is this the case with all cruise lines? Particularly NCL?

--

LES!

"It takes the Village People to raise a child. Sometimes you need a cowboy,
sometimes you need a cop, and sometimes you need a big gay Indian."

- Unknown (possibly Dharma & Greg)

a disturbing new study shows that studies are disturbing.

-ellen

===================================

To email me privately, remove your lips from my ass!

Old February 25th, 2004, 12:59 AM
Mike Cordelli

It is not the case with all lines, indeed I've never been on a cruise that
crossed time zones where we didn't change the clock.

Old February 25th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Jeff H

"LES!" wrote in message
I remember someone saying that times of arrival and departure in each port
is set to the time zone of the embarkation port.

Is this the case with all cruise lines? Particularly NCL?

--

LES!

Les,

Can't answer for NCL, but RCCL has changed time zones on us many times. The
good thing is the captain will let you know when it will to happen

Jeff

Old February 25th, 2004, 01:09 AM

Nope - not all.

Our HAL Oosterdam sailing Feb 8 changed to Atlantic Time Zone. Silly
Carnival ship at St.Martin stayed out of sync on Eastern time and left port
an hour late - holding up our departure as well. Personally, I liked
changing - since were WERE actually, um you know, "travelling"...

Check with your line in advance.

Old February 25th, 2004, 02:14 AM
JM

On the RCCL Navigator and Enchantment, both in the last six months, we were
told to always stay on the "ships time" which in this case was eastern time.
When we changed time zones they always made a lot of announcements about
this. Talking with some of the employees, they mentioned that people are
left on a regular basis because they will ask a local for the time and then
be late.

- Jeff

Old February 25th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Thomas Smith

The answer is it depends, and the policy can be different even within the
same cruise line. You will be notified if there is a time zone change.
Otherwise, you will remain on the same time as the home port city. For
example, Carnival generally doesn't change the ships clocks unless the time
change is more than one hour.

Tom Smith

Old February 25th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Paul

Cordelliism:

"...I've never been on a cruise that crossed time zones where we didn't
change the clock..."

The real world has

om...

Old February 25th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Jeff H

"Paul" wrote in message
Cordelliism:

"...I've never been on a cruise that crossed time zones where we didn't
change the clock..."

The real world has

I believe on my last five RCCL 11 night cruises (4 Caribbean, 1 Hawaiian) we
have always set the clock accordingly. The last one was on the Brilliance in
Nov. 03. To be honest. I can't remember on the other five .

Jeff .......probably doesn't live in the real world either

Old February 25th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Helen

On all the cruises I've been on (carnival in particular) the time zone
didn't change even though we moved into another time zone.