Ft. Lauderdale hotels

Old October 23rd, 2007, 12:16 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dan24

Default Ft. Lauderdale hotels

Hi,

I am having some trouble booking a decent hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.
Judging by the reviews, it seems like the city doesn't have many
quality hotels (the ones that are rated 3.5 - 5 on tripadvisor cost a
fortune). Why are there so many run down hotels in this area?
Perhaps if we have a car we should consider booking somewhere else and
driving there occasionaly?
Are there specific areas in Ft. Lauderdale we should prefer to stay
at?

Thanks,

Danny

Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:51 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_1_]

On 10/22/2007 7:16 PM Dan24 plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:
Hi,

I am having some trouble booking a decent hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.
Judging by the reviews, it seems like the city doesn't have many
quality hotels (the ones that are rated 3.5 - 5 on tripadvisor cost a
fortune). Why are there so many run down hotels in this area?
Perhaps if we have a car we should consider booking somewhere else and
driving there occasionaly?
Are there specific areas in Ft. Lauderdale we should prefer to stay
at?

Thanks,

Danny

You are staying in Ft. Lauderdale or anywhere in South Florida at peak
season. You aren't going to find a decent hotel in or near the beach
for less than $200.00. The hotels charge what the traffic will bear.
Even the dumps are going to charge a hefty price. You might look into
some of the boutique hotels and B&B that are just north of all the
multi-story hotels. Some may be nice offering very basic amenities and
a low price. Most of these have 25 units or less. So if you do find
one in your budget meeting your needs, it books up faster than you can
imagine. You might try Priceline.com. Just be sure to read the how to
bid link's information so you can make a successful bid.

If you go south of FLL you'll be in Hollywood. It's a very family
oriented destination. Lots of moms, pops, and kids are there.

Fort-Lauderdale-By-The-Sea is a private compound with a few condos for
rent and some shopworn motels. It's just north of Ft. Lauderdale but
due to exclusivity very expensive. North of that along the beach is
mostly high rise condos, expensive and you have to commit for two weeks
or more. In land in some areas dump is a compliment. Then you get to
Plantation with lots of golf courses and big hotels with big prices. As
stated previously, your best bet is either Priceline or Hotels.com.
Good Luck.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 23rd, 2007, 11:09 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dan24

On Oct 23, 8:51 am, Brian K wrote:
[...]

View My Web Page:http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951- Hide quoted text -

I found what seems to be a decent place at a good location. What do
you think of this place:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e_Florida.html
?
The location seems good (just a short drive from Las Olas and the
beach).

Thanks,

Danny