Copenhagen/Denmark for vegetarians?

Old September 16th, 2003, 01:03 AM
Dave Smith

Default Copenhagen/Denmark for vegetarians?

Is Copenhagen, and Denmark in general, reasonably easy to get vegetarian
meals (i.e. without meat or fish).
Thanks
Dave

Old September 16th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Traveler

Yes, it is, at least in Aarhus and Copenhagen. We had Indian, Mexican,
Italian, Arab, and Chinese vegetarian food while there. We were always on
the lookout for the cheapest price, and seemed to do okay (of course it was
more expensive than Canada).

Traveler

Old September 16th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Dave Smith

Thanks for that - at least I can enjoy my holiday now on a full stomach!
Dave

Old September 16th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Heather Morrison

Dave,

Besides the restaurants..although a bit more pricey than the Nettos, the
Irma markets have a better selection of organic produce..but in general you
will find Denmark much healthier in a lot of respects than canada.

Heather

Old September 16th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Bill Burk

Dave Smith:
Is Copenhagen, and Denmark in general, reasonably easy to get vegetarian

meals (i.e. without meat or fish).

Surprised Heather didn't tip you on this. (Shame on your, Heather!)

You won't find a better vegetarian place in the world than Riz Raz in
downtown Copenhagen, just 2 blocks off the Stroget. Open for ,unch and
dinner and quite reasonable price-wise. Been going there a good 10 years
now and can't wait to get back in December !!

007

--
******************
Bill E. Burk

[Remove "NOSP" from my e-mail address]

Old September 17th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Kristian

Dave Smith:

----------------
Surprised Heather didn't tip you on this. (Shame on your, Heather!)

You won't find a better vegetarian place in the world than Riz Raz in
downtown Copenhagen, just 2 blocks off the Stroget. Open for ,unch and
dinner and quite reasonable price-wise. Been going there a good 10 years
now and can't wait to get back in December !!
007

---------------

A list and description of vegetarian restaurants in Copenhagen:
http://www.aok.dk/Copenhagen/Visitin...ts/Vegetarian/
Pizzarias also often have a choice of a "vegetariana".
Old September 17th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Bob

Food in grocery stores is quite expensive, at least compared to here in
Canada, but there is a wonderful selection of Asian restaurants in Denmark,
where one can find any number of veg dishes for pretty good prices. If you
were asking about Hungary, the answer would be a bit different

Bob

--
Travel and Astonomy Photos
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bomo

Old September 17th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Traveler

My son ate pizza margherita (tomato and cheese toppings) almost every night
we were in Scandinavia! (There were many other options, but he tends to like
familiar foods.) He said that the best pizzas were in Aarhus (can't remember
the shop, though) and in Oslo at a Bengali cafe on Storgata.

Traveler

t2net.dk...

Old September 20th, 2003, 07:07 PM
MrFalafel

"Dave Smith" wrote in message ...
Is Copenhagen, and Denmark in general, reasonably easy to get vegetarian
meals (i.e. without meat or fish).
Thanks
Dave

3 vegetarian restaurants in Copenhagen. Details he

http://www.happycow.net/europe/denma...gen/index.html
Old September 21st, 2003, 01:59 AM
Dave Smith

Thanks for the information