East coast by car in 2 weeks ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th, 2008, 05:13 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default East coast by car in 2 weeks ?

Hi,

The car's definitely my favorite means of transport. It's expensive,
but gives you the most freedom, by far.
Does anybody know whether it's any reasonable, given the distances, to
consider traveling all the way from Sydney to Cairns, along the coast,
by car in 2 weeks time ? (Cairns - Sydney by plane)
(ie. will I basically just spend all my holidays driving..? Or maybe
the landscapes are worth it, eventhough yes I'm going to spend quite a
long time on the road..?)

Thank you very much in advance.