Will 90mins be enough to clear Immigration in Philadelphia and make a connection

Old September 16th, 2004, 05:40 PM
John Dammone

Default Will 90mins be enough to clear Immigration in Philadelphia and make a connection

We are travelling with US air from Manchester UK to Philadelphia then
onward to Las Vegas. Our flight times have been ammended and now only
show 90 minutes in between connections. We are worried we may not have
enough time as we also have to collect baggage to go through customs
before baggage goes back on carousel for LAs Vegas flight. We arrive
in terminal A and depart from Las Vegas Terminal B. Any advice greatly
appreciated.
Old September 16th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Miguel Cruz

John Dammone wrote:
We are travelling with US air from Manchester UK to Philadelphia then
onward to Las Vegas. Our flight times have been ammended and now only
show 90 minutes in between connections. We are worried we may not have
enough time as we also have to collect baggage to go through customs
before baggage goes back on carousel for LAs Vegas flight. We arrive
in terminal A and depart from Las Vegas Terminal B. Any advice greatly
appreciated.

What time does your flight arrive in Philadelphia? In the middle of the Big
Europe Rush (10am-1pm) immigration can back up pretty badly there.

The good news is that there are lots of ways to get to Las Vegas, and if you
have it all on the same ticket, they'll definitely take care of you. You can
optimistically aim for the 90-minute connection, and if it doesn't work out,
you'll most likely go on the later flight that you might have otherwise
booked in the first place if you were a more pessimistic person.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 30 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Old September 17th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Michael

"John Dammone" wrote in message
om...
We are travelling with US air from Manchester UK to Philadelphia then
onward to Las Vegas. Our flight times have been ammended and now only
show 90 minutes in between connections. We are worried we may not have
enough time as we also have to collect baggage to go through customs
before baggage goes back on carousel for LAs Vegas flight. We arrive
in terminal A and depart from Las Vegas Terminal B. Any advice greatly
appreciated.

I had a similar connection on a flight from Manchester via Philadelphia a
few months ago, and had the same concerns as you. In the event I had no
problems at all and plenty of time - immigration and customs were pretty
quick.

This is a sample of one of course...

Old September 25th, 2004, 04:27 PM
John Dammone