DC Parking for Conversion Van

Old April 14th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Everyboysmomma

Default DC Parking for Conversion Van

We are leaving on Saturday to stay at the Hotel Harrington. I just went
over the paperwork again and realized that they use an underground garage,
which our high top conversion van will not fit in. Can anyone advise if
there is any open parking in the Harrington area? We probably will not be
moving the vehicle for the week we are there.
Thanks
Momma

Old April 14th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Juliana L Holm

Everyboysmomma wrote:
We are leaving on Saturday to stay at the Hotel Harrington. I just went
over the paperwork again and realized that they use an underground garage,
which our high top conversion van will not fit in. Can anyone advise if
there is any open parking in the Harrington area? We probably will not be
moving the vehicle for the week we are there.

There is no open parking in the direct Harrington Area, and long term parking
in DC is quite expensive. And alas a great deal of it is underground.

I take metro in every day, so I don't know much, but I do know there is some
rather expensive parking in the city at Union Station.

But I'd also suggest considering parking in the suburbs near a metro station.
You cannot park a week in the metro lots themselves, but several stations
have adjacent lots where long term parking is possible.

What direction will you be driving from? I'd suggest you drop off everything
at the Harrington, then head out to park the car, then return via metro.

Julie

--
Julie
**********

http://www.dragonsholm.org/travel.htm

Old April 14th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Everyboysmomma

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message
Everyboysmomma wrote:
[...]

We are arriving from the North (Maine). I just called the hotel and they
think that Union Station parking is 20 a day. I can swing that. They also
told me it is about a mile away. Does that sound right?
Thanks
Momma

Old April 14th, 2005, 02:45 PM
markansas859

"Everyboysmomma" wrote in message
We are leaving on Saturday to stay at the Hotel Harrington. I just went
over the paperwork again and realized that they use an underground garage,
which our high top conversion van will not fit in. Can anyone advise if
there is any open parking in the Harrington area? We probably will not be
moving the vehicle for the week we are there.
Thanks
Momma

Hotel Harrington??

is that POS still standing??

my parents spent their honeymoon there in 1958, and my dad and I stayed
there in 1980.........

main lobby elevator was broke the whole week we were there in 1980, and had
to walk through a service area, and use the freight elevator

ugh!!

convenient to a lot of nice restaurants, and tourist sites , as I recall

highlight of the week was leaving..... and being on the airplane, and
delaying our takeoff to hear a message from President Carter, about the
helicopter crashing, trying to rescue the hostages in Iran.

last time I was on an airplane, also

for the most part, a week to forget.

Old April 14th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Juliana L Holm

markansas859 wrote:

Hotel Harrington??

is that POS still standing??

my parents spent their honeymoon there in 1958, and my dad and I stayed
there in 1980.........

Are you basing your evaluation of this hotel based on it's condition
twenty five years ago? Seems a tad incorrect!

--
Julie
**********

Old April 14th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Everyboysmomma

"markansas859" wrote in message
news:1113486331.2fc3fe3ded9a42e93e52c70b41471e23@t eranews...

[...]

I'm not worried much. I read the reviews, I looked at the pictures... the
biggest thing for us was not having to take 2 rooms for 5 of us. I am a
camper. This will seem luxurious.
Sorry you have such bad memories.
Momma

Old April 14th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Keith W

"Everyboysmomma" wrote in message

"markansas859" wrote in message
news:1113486331.2fc3fe3ded9a42e93e52c70b41471e23@t eranews...

I'm not worried much. I read the reviews, I looked at the pictures... the
biggest thing for us was not having to take 2 rooms for 5 of us. I am a
camper. This will seem luxurious.
Sorry you have such bad memories.
Momma

I think it depends on your expectations.

I have stayed at the Harrington on a number of
occasions and its true the place is old and shabby.

However its clean, in a great location and is cheap
and I always found the staff helpful.

Keith

Old April 14th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Juliana L Holm

Keith W wrote:

I think it depends on your expectations.

I have stayed at the Harrington on a number of
occasions and its true the place is old and shabby.

However its clean, in a great location and is cheap
and I always found the staff helpful.

And for a family on a budget, it can be great. Accomodation in downtown
DC can run $200 a night per room and up, even worse during tourist season.

--
Julie
**********

Old April 14th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Everyboysmomma

"Keith W" wrote in message

"Everyboysmomma" wrote in message

"markansas859" wrote in message
news:1113486331.2fc3fe3ded9a42e93e52c70b41471e23@t eranews...

I'm not worried much. I read the reviews, I looked at the pictures...
the biggest thing for us was not having to take 2 rooms for 5 of us. I
am a camper. This will seem luxurious.
Sorry you have such bad memories.
Momma

I think it depends on your expectations.

I have stayed at the Harrington on a number of
occasions and its true the place is old and shabby.

However its clean, in a great location and is cheap
and I always found the staff helpful.

Keith

And that is all we expect. Thanks!