Panama City, FL

Old February 7th, 2004, 10:57 PM

Default Panama City, FL

My husband and I may be going to Panama City for a few days in March. Where
should we stay, and what are the attractions (other than "doing" the
beaches) in the area? We'd want to stay at a mid-price hotel. Also, we are
not into the bar scene. I'm in my early 50s and he is 60.

Or where else in the panhandle would be nice if not Panama City?

Thanks.

Old February 8th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Larry Gould

One of the nicest areas in all Florida is midway between Panama City and
Fort Walton, which is the communities of Seaside and Watercolor. These are
innovative new urbanist communities designed for walking with
architecturally distinguished homes, slow traffic, great neighborhood feel
and cute shops and restaurants. Both are pricey, but there are
inexpensive motels in nearby communities. If you can afford it, contact
Seaside's rental agency and rent a house or loft, or try the Watercolor
Inn.

--
"There's no such thing as Free Parking!"
Larry Gould

Old February 8th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Nile

Or where else in the panhandle would be nice if not Panama City?

Elsewhere in the pandhandle would include Pensacola or Destin, among
other places. Pensacola has the Naval Air Museum, and the aquarium is
in that area. It also has a real-town downtown area (off the beach)
with lots of restaurants, especially in the Seville Quarter (historic
district). In fact, I know people who vacation in Pensacola and never
go out to the beach.

Seaside and, further east, St George Island, are other possibilities.

Old February 8th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Nile

My husband and I may be going to Panama City for a few days in March.

P.S. You do remember, that is spring break time, right?

Definitely calls for somewhere other than Panama City. Unless, that is,
you WANT to go to spring break!