Cherry Court Hotel

Old September 16th, 2003, 02:08 AM
J J MIO

Default Cherry Court Hotel

Has any one stayed at the Cherry Court Hotel (neat Victoria Station)?
Jack (California)
Old September 17th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Ariane Jenkins

On 16 Sep 2003 01:08:51 GMT, J J MIO wrote:
Has any one stayed at the Cherry Court Hotel (neat Victoria Station)?
Jack (California)

Yes. It's cheap, but pretty spartan. I think we paid 46 GBP
for a double with attached bathroom, and the room was very small--big
enough to accomodate the bed with a bit of room to walk around it, and
that's all. Bathroom was equally cramped (I didn't care for the
translucent glass on the door, however!), although our room was clean
and the place was quiet. Nice location too, since it was near
Victoria station. The lady who runs it gives you a key so you can let
yourself in and out, the front door is locked at all times.

We didn't care too much because we mainly used the room for
sleeping, but you may want to shop around. I suspect people used to
the leevl of most budget hotels in the U.S. may find the Cherry Court
rather on the shabby side. Also note that there is no hot breakfast,
you get a fruit basket with some packet drinks, cookies and cereal
bars. You could probably get a better deal for your money with some
research. It's not the worst hotel/B&B I've ever stayed in, but I'll
look around for another place the next time we're in London.

Ariane

Old September 17th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Douglas W. Hoyt

may find the Cherry Court rather on the shabby side. Also note that
there is no hot breakfast, you get a fruit basket with some packet drinks,
cookies and cereal bars. You could probably get a better deal for your
money with some research. It's not the worst hotel/B&B I've ever stayed in,
but I'll look around for another place the next time we're in London.

If it's a weekend, go directly to the Thistle website and see if the
Victoria Thistle has a good online rate http://www.thistlehotels.com/ I
paid 46 Pounds for a single last April, and the hotel is directly in
Victoria station--the rooms are plenty comfortable and the breakfast is
massive. Doubles are a lot higher though, I believe.