A day in the Masai Mara

Old May 1st, 2006, 08:41 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default A day in the Masai Mara

Don't even THINK about this unless you have a high speed connection and
95MB to spare. You also must have the latest quicktime player. I
think you can download the file by right clicking on the link and
saving it.

http://www.waynehazle.com/mara_cd.mov

I edited down an hour and a half to about 12 minutes. Music is from...
well I will let you guess that.

Meanwhile I will try to figure out what format I can compress it to to
make it much smaller.

Then I will work on my 18 minutes from PNV in Rwanda

Old May 3rd, 2006, 09:19 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

On 1 May 2006 12:41:13 -0700, IndyHazle wrote:

Meanwhile I will try to figure out what format I can compress it to to
make it much smaller.

MPEG-4/H.264, ideally in an MKV ( Matroska, www.matroska.org )
container.

Unfortunately the technology is unripe, so you won't find it
easy to do that.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Here's the right web address for the day in the Mara..

http://www.waynehazle.com/maraweb.mov

The videos are very entertaining and informative.

Old May 9th, 2006, 07:57 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

yeah Sorry about that I deleted the original, it was just too bug.

Now if you go to my Africa page www.waynehazle.com/eastafrica/ you
will see videos for Amboseli, Serengeti, Masai Mara, and Gorilla
Trekking.

Hopefully in a week or so I will get the drive across Rwanda and the
Nakuru/Naivasha videos up.