London links

Old March 19th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Don Phillipson

Default London links

Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)

Old March 19th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Mark Hewitt

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

Nope.

Old March 19th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Lansbury

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:53:55 -0500, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

National Express coaches

Rail - Gatwick Express to Victoria: tube to Liverpool St: Stansted
Express to the airport

--
Lansbury
Old March 19th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Roland Perry

In message 8ZC6c.3118$G3.30183@localhost, Don Phillipson
writes
Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

I don't think you can fly between these two airports.

Transfers are usually done by bus (allow 3 hours) or train (allow 2
hours), see:

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/index.htm
http://www.nationalexpress.com/neh.cfm
--
Roland Perry
Old March 19th, 2004, 03:23 PM
freeda

Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

I don't think you can fly between these two airports.

Transfers are usually done by bus (allow 3 hours) or train (allow 2
hours), see:

I would allow 6 hours by bus, especially if travelling during peak hours. It
is not uncommen to be stuck on the M25 for hours. All it takes is someone to
fart at the wrong time.

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Not the Karl Orff

wrote:

Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

National Express coaches

Rail - Gatwick Express to Victoria: tube to Liverpool St: Stansted
Express to the airport

Too difficult. Easier and quicker would be (if you want) G'Ex to
Victoria, Victoria line to Tottenham Hale, S'Ex to STN

There ma be cheaper ways
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Not the Karl Orff" wrote in message

wrote:

Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

National Express coaches

Rail - Gatwick Express to Victoria: tube to Liverpool St: Stansted
Express to the airport

Too difficult. Easier and quicker would be (if you want) G'Ex to
Victoria, Victoria line to Tottenham Hale, S'Ex to STN

There ma be cheaper ways

Personally I would probably prefer Gatquick to London Bridge, taxi or bus to
Liverpool street, Stanstead Express. Misses out the underground.

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:46 PM
freeda

Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

National Express coaches

Rail - Gatwick Express to Victoria: tube to Liverpool St: Stansted
Express to the airport

Too difficult. Easier and quicker would be (if you want) G'Ex to
Victoria, Victoria line to Tottenham Hale, S'Ex to STN

There ma be cheaper ways

Personally I would probably prefer Gatquick to London Bridge, taxi or bus

Liverpool street, Stanstead Express. Misses out the underground.

Do you lot stay awake at night working out more complicated airport
transfers. Personally I think, especialy if you not familiar with London,
the quickest way is Lansburys way.

Old March 19th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Jim Ley

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:12:02 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message 8ZC6c.3118$G3.30183@localhost, Don Phillipson
writes
Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

I don't think you can fly between these two airports.

Transfers are usually done by bus (allow 3 hours) or train (allow 2
hours), see:

Or via AMS which you could maybe do in 3 hours too...

Jim.
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Miss L. Toe

"freeda" wrote in message
Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

National Express coaches

Rail - Gatwick Express to Victoria: tube to Liverpool St: Stansted
Express to the airport

Too difficult. Easier and quicker would be (if you want) G'Ex to
Victoria, Victoria line to Tottenham Hale, S'Ex to STN

There ma be cheaper ways

Personally I would probably prefer Gatquick to London Bridge, taxi or

bus
Liverpool street, Stanstead Express. Misses out the underground.

Do you lot stay awake at night working out more complicated airport
transfers. Personally I think, especialy if you not familiar with London,
the quickest way is Lansburys way.

No, we just stay awake at night working out how to confuse the original
poster :-)

who, asked about air links :-)

and Lansbury suggested two ways, the coach - which goes via Heathrow and is
definately not the quickest, or via the tube from Victoria which involves a
change underground :-)