Going on a Cruise and I just cant Relax

Old February 15th, 2006, 10:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Going on a Cruise and I just cant Relax

Would never think of cruising without my husband,time is too short to
spend it away from loved ones.

(.a cruise lover.)

Old February 16th, 2006, 01:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,misc.kids

Thus spake KSt :

I am cruising through the Baltics. And, I can withstand from "yapping"
on the phone, but I would like to be able to reach my family if need be.

If you have a GSM phone it should work in most of Europe. Be sure you
turn on international roaming. The rates will "only" be about $2/
minute. Without it can be as much as $10/ min.

Get an international phone card. Get a portable/throwaway email
account (yahoo, etc).
--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future
There is only the now
Old February 16th, 2006, 01:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,misc.kids

KSt wrote in
k.net:

Hi y'all,

Okay, I am a worrying just so you know. In August, my girlfriends and

are taking a cruise. It will be my first time away from hubby and kid.

will say it, my life. It will be a much-needed break from reality. My
girlfriends and I have everything planned but my concern is trying to
reach my family or vice versa if need be. I realize ships have

services
like phones, but do they work everywhere you go. Meaning can you get
reception in the middle of the ocean? Can I use the Internet or text
message? What about a cell phone? Oh yeah, and what about the cost?
Apart from those worries, do I need to worry about anything else?

For a price about $9.00 a minute you can always call from the ship or be
called; however, as stated email is a better option adn in US related
ports cell phones tend to work (there are a lot of issues) If you are
in Europe, not that it sounds like it, you would need a quad band GSM
phone but go and have fun you can be contacted.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old February 16th, 2006, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,misc.kids

Depends on where you are cruising to about the cell phone. The internet
on the ships is via satellite when it is working. That is the best way
to stay in touch. Cell phone in some ports.

Old February 17th, 2006, 04:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,misc.kids

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:05:37 GMT, KSt
wrote:

I am cruising through the Baltics. And, I can withstand from "yapping"
on the phone, but I would like to be able to reach my family if need be.

Okay, where is your home? YOu do realize that different cells do not
work in different parts of the world unless you have a global cell
phone? I am in Germany and my cell will not work in the us.

Old February 18th, 2006, 02:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,misc.kids

Thus spake Barbara Bomberger :

wrote:

I am cruising through the Baltics. And, I can withstand from "yapping"
on the phone, but I would like to be able to reach my family if need be.

Okay, where is your home? YOu do realize that different cells do not
work in different parts of the world unless you have a global cell
phone? I am in Germany and my cell will not work in the us.

Sure it will. Most European phones are quad band GSM, plenty of
places in the US support GSM. My phone worked in Australia, Mexico
and Belize. Carol's phone worked in Ireland and France.

It even worked in North Carolina.