American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

Old December 29th, 2003, 07:45 AM
alohacyberian

Default American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
alohacyberian wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
The Times and Post are to the left of Fox News, sure, but they are quite
centrist. It's just that the left is so poorly (and incompetently, by

and
large) represented in US media that the apparent spectrum is biased
rightward (constant harping about the "liberal media" helps with that
process).

Yes, those publications are "centrist" to Communists. KM

That would be true if everyone outside the USA was a communist. Which some
people here do seem to think.

miguel

I think most people realize that Communism is moribund inside and outside the
United States. The ones to pity are those who quote Marx and Lenin without
realizing who they are parroting. Lenin called them "useful idiots". Lenin,
or course, didn't realize he fit into that category himself. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old December 29th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Sjoerd

schreef in bericht
But you are certainly right about
The Netherlands not being a paradise.

Finally we agree on something. Can we also agree on the fact that the USA is
not a paradise?

Sjoerd

Old December 29th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Sjoerd

"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht

We only say things are better in the United States than they are in the
Netherlands because it's true.

I was waiting for this to come. Yet again. "Things are better in the United
States than they are in the Netherlands because it's true". This is exactly
the arrogant ugly American that the rest of the world hates.

We're just trying to teach you to be
realistic. But, actions speak louder than words. Obviously you thought it
would be better in the U.S. or you wouldn't have pursued a job in America.

I was *asked* to come to the USA to work. After careful consideration and
visiting the city where they wanted me to work (Atlanta), I decided to keep
a better quality of life in the Netherlands.

Sjoerd

Old December 29th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Sjoerd

schreef in bericht
Don't forget euthansia,

Isn't it great that I, and only I, can decide at the end of my life that it
has been enough? That I want no more pain and suffering? That I can die
peacefully after saying good-bye to my loved-ones?

drugg selling

Isn't it great that soft drugs can be sold semi-legally, that the "stuff" is
controlled, that the customers get quality "stuff" at reasonable prices,
that they can enjoy the "stuff" peacefully and without being harassed, and
that the result of this policy is that the Netherlands only scores "average"
on the list of drug-using countries? (ie there are many countries where soft
drugs are illegal with HIGHER average drug consumption)

and abandoning previously
oppressed colonies like Indonesia while you're doing your admiring.

The Dutch left Indonesia because 1) the Indonesians wanted the Dutch to
leave and 2) under pressure from the USA. The Dutch would have liked to
stay, and many, many Indonesians I have talked with during the last 15 years
tell me that "Indonesia would be a much better place if the Dutch had
stayed".

Sjoerd

Old December 29th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Sjoerd

"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht
You have spent countless hours bashing Americans and the United States

while
inventorying its transgressions. Why the hell would you want to live in

the
U.S.? It actually offers something the Netherlands doesn't offer? Double
standard?

It offered the opportunity to live and work in another country / culture,
which I would like to do for some years, and about 50% higher net-income.
However, after visiting Atlanta (where they wanted me to live and work), I
decided that my quality of life would deteriorate substantially and I
declined the job offer.

Sjoerd

Old December 29th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Sjoerd

"Go Fig" schreef in bericht
Strange, where you pick your battles, how bout Sjord's lack of response
to my question.

My newsreader missed a lot of posts yesterday. Which question are you
referring to?

Sjoerd