American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

Old December 28th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Jeremy Henderson

Default American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

On 28/12/03 1:45 am, in article ,
"Sjoerd" wrote:

"lh" schreef in bericht

And manageable size. With the exception of gay rights and legalized

drugs,
people in Singapore have similar quality of life as the Dutch

Very different quality of life. I don't say better or worse, (I don't
believe in the concept of "best country in the world") but very different
indeed.

and yet they
are neither liberal nor under the delussion that thier **** doesn't stink.

Just in case that you are suggesting here that I am under the delusion that
"dutch **** doesn't stink", let me tell you it does and also, that we have
more than enough problems here and this isn't paradise. I am just getting
sick and tired of Vitaly, alohacyberian, jbk and their friends who always
claim that everything is better in the USA. I am just trying to teach them
some realism.

Sjoerd

Why waste your time? They have nothing stimulating to add to the discussion.
Just killfile them like everyone else has done.

J;

Old December 28th, 2003, 11:06 AM
David Horne

lh wrote:

I wonder if you would have the same
immigation problem if you were trying to get a residence permit for a woman
to whom you were not married.

The couple would have exactly the same problem, unless they were
planning to get married. But, at least in that case they _could_ get a
legally recognised marriage, from the US standpoint. At the moment, the
US will not recognise any kind of union, whether legally sanctioned by
another country of not, if it involves a same sex relationship.

David

--
David Horne- (website under reconstruction)
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old December 28th, 2003, 11:06 AM
David Horne

Go Fig wrote:

In article ,
"Sjoerd" wrote:

"lh" schreef in bericht

Why would you not be allowed to live with your partner of 9 years if you
lived in the USA?

Because I have been offered a job in the US where the employer would arrange
the work and residence permits for me. Had I been married to a woman,

How long have you been 'married' to your partner ?

Why the sneer quotes? Dutch law gives the same status to same sex
couples as mixed sex. I don't know if Sjoerd is married or not, but if
he is, it's a marriage.

she
would have received a residence permit almost automatically. But no chance
to get such a permit for a same-sex partner.

You tried ?

That suggests you think it's possible. Believe me, it isn't, and you
don't need to try in order to find that out.

David

Old December 28th, 2003, 11:06 AM
David Horne

wrote:

Don't forget euthansia, drugg selling and abandoning previously
oppressed colonies like Indonesia while you're doing your admiring.
Very mature alright.

I'll stay out of the Indonesia thing, but many people think that the
Dutch policies on drugs and euthanasia _are_ mature. I certainly do.

David

Old December 28th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Luca Logi

Dennis G. Rears wrote:

Sjoerd, please don't resort to personal attacks. It is generally agreed
that Americans work longer hours than Europeans. It is our culture.

Please note that working longer hours doesn't mean being more
productive. I know a couple of persons whose productivity is negative
(that is, they destroy the work done by fellow workers). Keeping them
working for shorter hours would increase productivity :-)

--
Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail:
Old December 28th, 2003, 01:52 PM

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 06:33:29 GMT, "alohacyberian"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:18:04 +0100, "Sjoerd"
wrote:
There was enormous sympathy in Europe for the US immediately after 9/11.

It
was only after Bush decided to start a few wars that this sympathy
disappeared.
Sjoerd

Yes, because you're a complete bunch of idiots that think that if you
ignore mass murderers they will somehow magically become converted to
saints--all the while ingnoring their murder.

Yes, but, if those mass-murderers ever came harkening to the Europeans'
doorsteps with guns and grenades, who do you think Europeans would seek out
for military assistance? The United States. How many of them would be
grateful help? No, more importantly, how many would be ungrateful and go back
to bashing America? As soon as the threat was dispelled, do you think the
likes of Sjoerd and Miguel Cruz would go back to bashing the American
president? I do. KM

You need look no further than Bosnia for your answer.
Old December 28th, 2003, 02:00 PM

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 05:04:44 GMT, "Dennis G. Rears"
wrote:

"Sjoerd" wrote in message
schreef in bericht
2. their economies are in constant doldrums

Nonsense. Try again.

3. they have a completely inferior medical system whereas the US' is
widely recognized by even their own doctors as where they would go if
they had a serious illness and where 90% of he world's drugs are
invented

Bull****. Only available to the rich. Try again.

Actually availible to about 50% of the population. We do have a problem
about availability and health insurance.

Where do you get 50%? About 40 million do not have insurance which
means that 140 million do. Secondly, simply because someone doesn't
have insurance doesn't meant that they can't get medical care. Ever
hear of Medicaid? Ever hear of the requirement that every emergency
room receiving Federal aid is required to provide medical care whether
one can pay or not? Try 5 ro 10%. The other 90 to 95 being rich of
course.

4. longer working hours means a healthier economy.

Nonsense.

I agree with you on this one. American companies want people to work longer
hours so they don't have to hire more workers.

You would. How do you explain the much better US economy than the
European one then?

Can you imagine
how bad your economies would really be if others actually worked like
Americans? Then you would have a triple digit unemployment rate

So our unemployment rate would be higher if we worked like Americans? How
does match your stupid remark # 4? You are so stupid.

Sjoerd, please don't resort to personal attacks. It is generally agreed
that Americans work longer hours than Europeans. It is our culture.

It's more than generally agreed it's a plain fact. Which is why he
resorts to insults because all the FACTS contradict his assertions.

5. we have a lot more freedom than Iraq ever had under Saddam which
has now been reversed since we didn't listen to idiots like yourself.

Who is talking about Iraq. Apparently, they love you there. Another 3 US
soldiers killed today. How many more to go before Bush realizes it is time
to go home.

Bush is an asshole. No one in his family will die in Iraq. We have spent
too many lives, taxes, and good will in Iraq.

Says you. While I am no fan of his, he is infinitely better than Gore
who showed his true colors by stabbing Lieberman in the back (that was
your alternative choice remember, who couldn't even witn his own
congressional district's presidential vote much less his state's or
Arkansas') or Clinton who let this problem grow unattended for 8 years
and who avoided (read evaded) any form of military service himself.