What to do in Montego Bay?

Old October 21st, 2003, 10:51 PM
Dale

Default What to do in Montego Bay?

Has anyone had any great self-arranged excursions in Montego Bay that
they could recommend. Thanks! Sailing on the NCL Sun on Nov. 9th.
Woo-hoo!
Old October 21st, 2003, 11:07 PM
Howard Garland

Dale wrote:
Has anyone had any great self-arranged excursions in Montego Bay that
they could recommend. Thanks! Sailing on the NCL Sun on Nov. 9th.
Woo-hoo!

No excursion, but we have had a good time at doctor's beach.

Howard

Old October 21st, 2003, 11:34 PM
sheree

we're booked with a private guide with 8 other people from the ship. goign
to rose hall beach, the great house, bob marley experience, the hummingbirds
and coffee!!!!

we come back the day you leave.

--
Sheree

om...

Old October 22nd, 2003, 01:14 AM
Robert Strauss

Doctor's Cave Beach.............. does that bring back memories. Senior year
in college flew over to MoBay with the school rugby team and about $100. We
stayed at a house right next to a bus station. 10 beds for 15 guys. First
come first served. Hitchhiked everywhere since we had only enough money for
a couple of burgers a day and some drinks. The mayor threw us a party. The
locals treated us great as we provided them with some free entertainment
(rugby matches). But the sun really did us in. We came out of the NE in
April as white as a sheet and hit the beaches. I still have dozens of
freckles I picked up the first day in the sun. When the plane flew into
Mobay it crossed practically over the beach. We were so excited we couldn't
contain ourselves. That was 35 years ago but I still count it as one of the
best 10 days of my life.

The beach is (was) beautiful as was the water. As I recall there was
snorkling and scuba diving available.

Robert

Old October 22nd, 2003, 03:41 AM
Howard Garland

Robert Strauss wrote:

Doctor's Cave Beach.............. does that bring back memories. Senior year
in college flew over to MoBay with the school rugby team and about $100. We
stayed at a house right next to a bus station. 10 beds for 15 guys. First
come first served. Hitchhiked everywhere since we had only enough money for
a couple of burgers a day and some drinks.

With only enough coin for a couple of burgers a day, how did you deal
with those munchies Robert?

Howard

Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:53 PM
Becca

Has anyone had any great self-arranged excursions in Montego Bay that
they could recommend. Thanks! Sailing on the NCL Sun on Nov. 9th.
Woo-hoo!

Please let us know how you liked the NCL Sun.

There are beautiful beaches in Montego Bay. Transportation is not a
problem, there are shuttle busses that will take you there.

Here is a website for cruise passengers in Montego Bay:
http://www.cruisemontegobay.com/

When you get off the ship in Montego Bay, go through the terminal
building and go out the other side. You will see taxis and shuttle
buses lined up.

Buses at the pier will shuttle you to a downtown shopping mall for
$2.00 per person, or you could go to Doctor's Cave Beach, Aguasol or
Margueritaville for $3.00.

AguaSol is a private beach in Montego Bay.

http://www.montego-bay-jamaica.com/aguasol/index.html

I have been to Aguasol a couple of times. They have beach chairs and
umbrellas available. We took a shuttle from the pier, $3.00 pp each
way, and the fee to enter the park was $3.00 pp. Prices may have
changed. This was a fun, relaxing beach excursion, but they remodeled
the building and I do not like it as well.

Other beaches to consider are Doctor's Cave Beach and
Margueritaville.

http://www.margaritavillecaribbean.c...ntego_bay.html

Becca -----have fun on the Sun!

GGC http://www.ggc2004.com/