Montego Bay

Old June 8th, 2004, 02:18 PM
barnesk

Default Montego Bay

If you were going to Montego Bay with your wife and 13 daughter aboard
Carnival Conquest. Which excursions might you consider?
Old June 8th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

barnesk wrote:

If you were going to Montego Bay with your wife and 13 daughter aboard
Carnival Conquest. Which excursions might you consider?

If you haven't been there already, I would be sure to go to Dunns River
Falls. If you enjoy good coffee, be sure to buy some Blue Mountain
coffee. It is much, much cheaper in Jamaica then at home and very, very
good.

sue

Old June 8th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Barbara

I think you might enjoy "Rose Hall" not sure of the name.Intersting home
barbara

barnesk wrote:
If you were going to Montego Bay with your wife and 13 daughter aboard
Carnival Conquest. Which excursions might you consider?

Remove SPAMBLOCK from email address to reply

Old June 8th, 2004, 04:51 PM
M00ie

I must agree with Dunn's River we took our two 9 years and 14 and they
thought it superb, you don't have to climb the fall or have a bit of fun in
the super cold water fall at the bottom but it was a treat to cool off. If
you like to see people at home take a stroll in town too, we felt quite safe
and the children had some lovely conversations with Jamaican school children
on their way home from school. Ok so you have a little banter and selling
hassle but that's their lifestyle. Jerk Chicken at the Pork Pitt was also
quite a change from them wanting Mc Donald's too. We have been back a few
times to stay also as the people are so very friendly.

Old June 8th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Mike

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

barnesk wrote:

If you were going to Montego Bay with your wife and 13 daughter aboard
Carnival Conquest. Which excursions might you consider?

If you haven't been there already, I would be sure to go to Dunns River
Falls. If you enjoy good coffee, be sure to buy some Blue Mountain
coffee. It is much, much cheaper in Jamaica then at home and very, very
good.

sue

Hate to disagree but feel I have to. My wife and I were at the falls in
March - Stay Away! The locals that you must pass by on your way out are
abusive and its no place for a child. STAY AWAY from Dunns River Falls.
Old June 8th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"barnesk" wrote in message
If you were going to Montego Bay with your wife and 13 daughter aboard
Carnival Conquest. Which excursions might you consider?

We took a cab to Doctor's Beach~it is a lovely and clean beach with a nice
shaded area, shops and restaurant on upper level~~lower level has showers
and beautiful beach below..The admission is $5.pp. Afterwards, we walked a
few blocks to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville which was a lot of fun! They
have a slide and large area out on the water in the back..Take only the red
licensed taxis..

http://www.margaritavillecaribbean.com/

--Jean

Old June 8th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

If you haven't been there already, I would be sure to go to Dunns River
Falls. If you enjoy good coffee, be sure to buy some Blue Mountain
coffee. It is much, much cheaper in Jamaica then at home and very, very
good.

Sue, I think that you are thinking of Ocho Rios ~~Dunns River Falls are
closer to get to from there.
You can pick up Blue Mountain Coffee at Jimmy Buffet's and most any shop in
Montego Bay including the little mall near the dock..

--Jean

Old June 8th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

CupCaked wrote:
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

barnesk wrote:

If you were going to Montego Bay with your wife and 13 daughter aboard
Carnival Conquest. Which excursions might you consider?

If you haven't been there already, I would be sure to go to Dunns River
Falls.

Sue, Montego Bay is quite a distance from Ocho Rios, where Dunns River
Falls is located. This may not be a viable option.

Carnival cruise lines offers several shore excursion to Dunns River
Falls from Montego Bay, so I guess it is a viable option.

sue

Old June 8th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

If you haven't been there already, I would be sure to go to Dunns River
Falls. If you enjoy good coffee, be sure to buy some Blue Mountain
coffee. It is much, much cheaper in Jamaica then at home and very, very
good.

Sue, I think that you are thinking of Ocho Rios ~~Dunns River Falls are
closer to get to from there.

Jean, I checked the Carnival website and they do offer several Dunns
River Falls excursion from Montego Bay.

sue

Old June 8th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Diane Giambalvo

I checked Carnival's site for shore excursions, while I would usually recommend
Dunn's River Falls I know the condition of the road going there right now
because I was in Jamaica last week on a TA fam. A new road is under
construction, causing delays. The traveling time alone will take more than the
excursion. It's a better idea from the port of Ocho Rios because it is in Ocho
Rios..
My reccommendation would be to take the Negril Tour. Negril has 7 miles of
beautiful beach. The bus ride is not more than 1 hour each way. Negril is one
of the nicer areas in Jamaica. It's home to a Sandal's Resort and 2 Beaches
Family All-Inclusive Resorts.
If you have any other questions about Jamaica please feel free to email me. I
have been there 4 times on Land Vacations with my family, once on a cruise, and
twice this year on Fams. My daughter is 14 so her likes would be simular to
your daughters.
Bon Voyage
Diane Giambalvo
Travel Consultant