Evidence that the USA is becoming a police state

Old September 27th, 2007, 09:43 AM posted to sci.math,sci.bio.misc,sci.med,sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada
Joe[_9_]

Default Evidence that the USA is becoming a police state

http://home.comcast.net/~plutarch/PoliceState.html

Old September 27th, 2007, 12:31 PM posted to sci.math,sci.bio.misc,sci.med,sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"Joe" wrote in message
s.com...
http://home.comcast.net/~plutarch/PoliceState.html

Get some professional help for your paranoia.

Old September 27th, 2007, 07:32 PM posted to sci.math,sci.bio.misc,sci.med,sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada
seeker

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070927/...BE7pS WcjtBAF

Old September 28th, 2007, 01:43 AM posted to sci.math,sci.bio.misc,sci.med,sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim Davis[_1_]

On Sep 27, 10:40 am, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:
sharx35 wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
ps.com...

http://home.comcast.net/~plutarch/PoliceState.html

Get some professional help for your paranoia.

Actually the it may be a real fear. One of my students was stopped and
told that she was not allowed to take photographs while on a public street.

Well? Don't leave us hanging. What were the circumstances, general
location, subject matter, etc?

Old September 28th, 2007, 11:20 AM posted to sci.math,sci.bio.misc,sci.med,sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

"sharx35" wrote in message
"Joe" wrote in message
s.com...
http://home.comcast.net/~plutarch/PleeceState.html

Get some professional help for your paranoia.

How about adding some education for his stupidity? ;-) KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website view over 3,600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI, and

Old September 28th, 2007, 11:20 AM posted to sci.math,sci.bio.misc,sci.med,sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message
sharx35 wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
s.com...

http://home.comcast.net/~plutarch/PleeceState.html

Get some professional help for your paranoia.

Actually the it may be a real fear. One of my students was stopped and
told that she was not allowed to take photographs while on a public
street.

Was she told that by a policeman? Was she lying in the middle of a busy
public street? Was she just plain lying?

Such an insignificant example is hardly evidence of a "police state" - a
favorite Communist misnomer exhumed from the '60s. Anyone who suggests, nay
even hints, that the United States is a "police state" is only illustrating
complete lack of knowledge of the definition of the term. Nazi Germany was
a police state; Fascist Italy was a police state; Franco's Spain was a
police state; every Communist country in the world was a police state as are
many who are totalitarian dictatorships. KM

Old September 28th, 2007, 11:48 PM posted to sci.math,sci.bio.misc,sci.med,sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada
Joe[_9_]

Visit Hawaii, Israel and more at: http://keith.martin.home.att.net/

If the Jews deserve to take back Israel, then the Hawaiians deserve to
take back Hawaii.

Old September 29th, 2007, 12:26 AM posted to sci.math,sci.bio.misc,sci.med,sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan Pollock

In rec.travel.usa-canada Joe wrote:

Visit Hawaii, Israel and more at: http://keith.martin.home.att.net/

If the Jews deserve to take back Israel, then the Hawaiians deserve to
take back Hawaii.

Three letter name for the sake of your being able to spell it correctly each
and every time? Good boy! Nex
Old September 29th, 2007, 01:35 AM posted to sci.math,sci.bio.misc,sci.med,sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada
galathaea

On Sep 28, 4:26 pm, Alan Pollock wrote:
In rec.travel.usa-canada Joe wrote:

Visit Hawaii, Israel and more at: http://keith.martin.home.att.net/

If the Jews deserve to take back Israel, then the Hawaiians deserve to
take back Hawaii.

Three letter name for the sake of your being able to spell it correctly each
and every time? Good boy! Nex

it might be convenient to have an easily-spelled name
but the soundness of the point can stand without it

should there be some point where return becomes aggression?

my cherokee ancestors were forced off their land
and transported to oklahoma and neighboring environs

is it just for me to call for repopulation of georgia?
as payment for the trail of tears?

should i look to get funding for my milita?
solicit various world players looking to stir things up in america?
start building supply channels for arms and munitions?

those lands were holy to my ancestors

we could unite again with the seneca
storm kinzua dam

is this just?

or does there come a point where return is no longer just?
a time when the healthiest decision is to accept the historical loss
and look towards bettering without violence our place now?

those who vie for power via violence
are whence police states come from

when "us" is a small group
wanting control over "them"
the us/them view where tactics like propaganda become necessary
(like the american government has admittedly increased usage of)
that is where police states come from

http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/crass/...volutions.html

galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar

Old September 29th, 2007, 11:47 AM posted to sci.math,sci.bio.misc,sci.med,sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada
Timothy Golden BandTechnology.com

On Sep 28, 8:35 pm, galathaea wrote:
[...]

I was told by my mother that I have a sliver of Cherokee galathaea.
I question whether a peace movement can be the all.
It is the threat of weaponry that most especially in the USA consider
to be of value.
But at least the first step in any case is organization.
I am willing to enter such an organization even if it does have a
militia wing.
Efficacy is the largest problem.
In the peace movement a strong statement is:
"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
Gandhi pulled it off yet even in India there was violence.
Gandhi did a hunger strike to try to quell this violence.
Thus he maintained his purity.
I am not such a purist as that and am more engaged in mechanistic
thinking.
I believe that the paradigm of openness is going to hold far more
weight than the issue of killing.
Even without killing there is tremendous room for aggression against
the existent power structure.
For instance one could pose the question of whether kidnapping a
medium level participant of the evil empire would be a gain. No threat
of death need be applied. The human would merely need to be of
mediocre value but demonstrably doing wrong. A light brainwash to
correct his evil ways could even be applied. It doesn't take much.
Just a brief lecture on world events will do it. So you see if killing
is the bar there is tremendous room. This is strictly a hypothetical
scenario of activism. There must be a thousand stronger and more
clever actions. The ultimate measure is efficacy. Even just acting the
scenario I have given in the street could be effective. Hence the
threat of it becoming actuality arises.
I will be participating in my local peace vigil today and will present
this innocent version.

Revelation to a nation
Operating operations
Operators to your stations!