My Plan to US east coast

Old April 11th, 2004, 05:33 PM
ninegirl

Default My Plan to US east coast

I am going to have a graduation trip with my boy friend in mid May........

16/5 Hong Kong - NYC (i think i will arrive there at night...)
17/5 ~ 19/5 - in NYC (i need to attend a conference at 19/5 afternoon)
20/5 ~ 22/5 - DC
23/5~ 29/5 - Orlando
30/5 - back H.K.

would someone suggest me some low price hostal?
Does $3000 (incl airtickets) enough for this plan?

thx ...

Old April 12th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Icono Clast

"ninegirl" wrote:
17/5 ~ 19/5 - in NYC

Two days? Very little time! Unless you have good reason to leave, stay
in New York!

20/5 ~ 22/5 - DC

Two days? Very little time! Unless you have good reason to leave, stay
in New York!

23/5~ 29/5 - Orlando

Six days? Too much time! Unless you have good reason to leave, stay in
New York!

30/5 - back H.K.

Does $3000 (incl airtickets) enough for this plan?

Without knowing the price of your tickets, it's impossible to answer
your question. Just tell us how much you have to spend here so that we
have some basis for advising you.
A San Franciscan who's visited 49 of 50 US states
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old April 12th, 2004, 10:42 AM
number

mummm...

Let's see....
a round trip tickets from HKG to NYC cost about USD$ 900 ~ $1000 with 2
additional stops.... (the cheapest one is USD$620 but no additional stops)
there is a package of USD$1130 with 2 nights in Wellington Hotel NYC

There are total 2 1/2 days in NYC.... bcoz I need to attend a conference on
19/5 afternoon....
It is too little time in NYC? Actually, I just want to have a city
tour...... I saw a ad like this ....

NYC One Day Tour

For this trip, you will be guided to explore New York City, One of the
biggest cities in the world. It is known as a "melting pot". It is also the
economic and cultural center of the United States. Our professional tour
guide will lead you to Ellis Island, Wall Street, United Nations, World
Trade Center, Rockefeller Center, Time Square, 42nd Street..

Attractions Includes: Statue of Liberty (Ferry ride to Liberty Island)
United Nations (Land of over 185 Countries) Central Park (Museum in Midtown)
Lincoln Center (Prestigious Performance) Wall Street (Cradle of the world's
economy) Rockefeller Center/St. Patrick's Cathedral Time Square/Broadway
theater district

Impossible ~?

For the DC ... I am going to join some local tours in NYC ..... of coz I can
stay in NYC for more days ....
how long should i spend there, any suggestions?
besides .... any budget hostel in NYC?

How about make a visit to Miami + Orlando for 6 days ...?
In Orlando ....
I would like to visit the Kennedy Space Center, Sea World of Florida, Disney
World and the Universal.....(Water Park if hv time)

Pls kindly told me how much i need for the trip ....thx .....

"Icono Clast"
e.com...

Old April 12th, 2004, 02:18 PM

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:42:46 +0800, "number" wrote:

NYC One Day Tour

For this trip, you will be guided to explore New York City, One of the
biggest cities in the world. It is known as a "melting pot". It is also the
economic and cultural center of the United States. Our professional tour
guide will lead you to Ellis Island, Wall Street, United Nations, World
Trade Center, Rockefeller Center, Time Square, 42nd Street..

Attractions Includes: Statue of Liberty (Ferry ride to Liberty Island)
United Nations (Land of over 185 Countries) Central Park (Museum in Midtown)
Lincoln Center (Prestigious Performance) Wall Street (Cradle of the world's
economy) Rockefeller Center/St. Patrick's Cathedral Time Square/Broadway
theater district

Elimintaing duplicate itrems, that's 11 stops, including a
"Prestigious Performance" at Lincoln Center (there's three/four hours
right there) and the ferry ride that goes to both the Statue of
Liberty and ellis Island (one and hal hour round trip without getting
off at either destination). Total - let's say 5 hours so far.

You'll need to eat and so on. Let's do that on the run and say you do
breakfast lunch and dinner all in one hour.

That's 6 hours.

So you get up at 7am and after the Lincoln Sqwuare performance you
return to your hotel at 11PM. That's 11 hours - but you've already
commited the abiove mentioned 6 hours. You now have 5 hours left for 9
stops.

Let's be realistic about the time spent getting from each of thos
locations to the next - in an entire day, getting on the bus, riding
to the next location, waiting for the next bus - you will have used up
at least 2 hours in the day - but surely more. So now you are down to
3 hours in which to explore those 9 locations - any one of which
deserves a minimum of one hour just to look it over casually.

And they have not mentioned Central Park, Greenwich Village, shopping,
Chinatown, Empire State Building, Broadway shows, and New York City's
greatest activity of all - just walking around.

Unh-unh - waste of time even trying. Focus. If you have only one day -
pick two or three locations.
CaribeJoe - Moderator
Non-commercial My Caribbean.Info Forums
Free Caribbean Destination Directories
Free advice from Travel Writers
Post your own trip reports and photos
Hotel and Air Deals and Rough Guide Reports
http://www.mycaribbean.info
Old April 12th, 2004, 04:48 PM
number

i would like to know if it is worth to have the Ferry ride to Liberty
Island.... as the Statue of Liberty is still closed ...
shall i just have a "2-Hour Semi-Circle Cruise or 75 min Liberty Cruise"?

thx

***number = ninegirl... *****

news.com...

Old April 12th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Russell Patterson

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 00:33:54 +0800, "ninegirl"
wrote:

I am going to have a graduation trip with my boy friend in mid May........

16/5 Hong Kong - NYC (i think i will arrive there at night...)
17/5 ~ 19/5 - in NYC (i need to attend a conference at 19/5 afternoon)
20/5 ~ 22/5 - DC
23/5~ 29/5 - Orlando
30/5 - back H.K.

Figure on at least $200/day for two people in Orlando for food,
lodging and park tickets to all the attractions. And that is staying
off-site at cheap hotels. Double that if you want to stay on-site at
WDW or US. You need at least 4 days just to see all the parks at WDW,
2 days for Universal Studios, 1 day for Sea World.

I would skip DC and go straight to Orlando to get the most out of it.

Your best bet might be to check with a knowledgable travel agent to
get the most out of the time you spend at Orlando. They can recommend
the best package deals that will give you the park access you want for
a decent price, along with the hotels.

May is a good time to go to the Orlando parks because the schools are
still in session and it is not as crowded as it will be one month
later.

Russ

respond here or email responses to
Old April 12th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Juliana L Holm

The Ferry to the STatue of LIberty also goes to Ellis Island, which is open,
and, IMHO, very much worth it.

Julie

--
Julie
**********
Old April 12th, 2004, 06:47 PM
number

Figure on at least $200/day for two people in Orlando for food,
lodging and park tickets to all the attractions.

If only food?

it is the first time for me to US ...
I even dont know how much for a McDonald's Meal.....

How about Miami?
It is good place?

thx ..

Old April 12th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Peter L

"number" wrote in message news:1081792049.848739@eng-ser4...

Figure on at least $200/day for two people in Orlando for food,
lodging and park tickets to all the attractions.

If only food?

If only food you can get by with something like $10 to 20 a day.

it is the first time for me to US ...
I even dont know how much for a McDonald's Meal.....

How about Miami?
It is good place?

It's a good place, but don't have the theme parks like Orlando. And it's
not cheaper than Orlando. But first tell us why you are traveling to NY, DC
and Florida?

Old April 12th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Miguel Cruz

In article 1081792049.848739@eng-ser4, number wrote:
How about Miami?
It is good place?

Miami Beach (the oceanside city immediately west of - and adjacent to -
Miami) is great. Miami itself is less exciting.

miguel