White House roof edited in USGS photos

Old May 9th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Charles Packer

Default White House roof edited in USGS photos

I was using www.terraserver.microsoft.com to look at
aerial photographs of Washington and noticed that the USGS has
obscured the roofs of the White House and the two government
buildings to the east and west by overlaying them digitally
with featureless, though tastefully tinted, rectangles. Possibly
they're trying to conceal the location of the missile launcher
recently put in place, which a newspaper photo showed to be on
the roof of the Treasury Department building east of the White
House. I used a screen snapshot to capture the USGS image
and have put it on my Web site, temporarily at
http://cpacker.org/awh.jpg

I don't know how familiar with Washington the typical interested
viewer of this will be, so let me know if I should identify
the structures in question with arrows. I'm planning to include
this image in a forthcoming Web page about Washington's
barricades.

--
(Charles Packer)
http://cpacker.org/whatnews
Old May 9th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Miguel Cruz

Charles Packer wrote:
I was using www.terraserver.microsoft.com to look at aerial photographs of
Washington and noticed that the USGS has obscured the roofs of the White
House and the two government buildings to the east and west by overlaying
them digitally with featureless, though tastefully tinted, rectangles.
Possibly they're trying to conceal the location of the missile launcher
recently put in place, which a newspaper photo showed to be on the roof of
the Treasury Department building east of the White House. I used a screen
snapshot to capture the USGS image and have put it on my Web site,
temporarily at http://cpacker.org/awh.jpg

That is amusing. While they're at it, they might as well even out the badly
worn grass on the Ellipse.

miguel
Old May 9th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Lisa Horton

Charles Packer wrote:

I'm planning to include
this image in a forthcoming Web page about Washington's
barricades.

Sounds like someone not intending to fly on US domestic airlines any
more

Lisa
Old May 9th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Keith A. Glass

On 9 May 2004 04:49:53 -0700, (Charles Packer)
wrote:

[...]

I'm quite sure, however, Al-Qaeda and similar groups are VERY
interested in this sort of thing.

Tell me, why do you seem to INSIST on making it easy for terrorists in
DC ????
Old May 10th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Doug

Oh puleeeze!!!

You really aren't That naive, are you?

Doug

"Keith A. Glass" wrote

Old May 10th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Tiny Human Ferret

Lisa Horton wrote:

Charles Packer wrote:

I'm planning to include
this image in a forthcoming Web page about Washington's
barricades.

Sounds like someone not intending to fly on US domestic airlines any
more

He does appear to have some sort of pathological desire to get his name
on every list every where.

He's already on a lot of them, rest assured.

--
The incapacity of a weak and distracted government may
often assume the appearance, and produce the effects,

Old May 10th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Tiny Human Ferret

wrote:

[...]

Everyone needs a hobby. This would appear to be his.

Trolling for webhits, I mean.

I wonder how many agencies read his hits log.