White House roof edited in USGS photos

Old May 10th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Thad

Default White House roof edited in USGS photos

George Kerby wrote:

SOME people are dumber than rocks...

Speaking from experience? ;-)

-Thad L.
Old May 10th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Mxsmanic

Keith A. Glass writes:

I'm quite sure, however, Al-Qaeda and similar groups are VERY
interested in this sort of thing.

Not really. I'm quite sure they have other plans.

Tell me, why do you seem to INSIST on making it easy
for terrorists in DC ????

Tell me, if you destroy an aircraft loaded with radioactive material
over Washington with a missile, where does the radioactive material go?

Old May 10th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Mxsmanic

Ron Hunter writes:

Yes, and why would they NOT want some people to know where, exactly,
they are located? Duh?

"On or around the White House" is already very exact indeed. Whether
they are two feet to the right or two feet to the left doesn't matter.

Old May 10th, 2004, 08:22 PM
~ Darrell ~

I would suggest the 'editing' is to obscure not only what missile type
(probably a platform based on the Stinger) but also what warning receivers
are in place, and possibly hide the Phalanx type system that is normally a
last ditch back-up.

Old May 10th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Charles Packer

George Kerby wrote in message ...
On 5/10/04 3:29 AM, in article , "Ron
Hunter" wrote:
Yes, and why would they NOT want some people to know where, exactly,
they are located? Duh?

SOME people are dumber than rocks...

At any rate, somebody alerted me by e-mail to uncensored USGS images
at
www.terrafly.com. Presumably they were taken earlier than the ones
at Terraserver and also earlier than whatever was put in place on
those roofs that they don't want us to know about.

--
(Charles Packer)
http://cpacker.org/whatnews
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Miguel Cruz

Mxsmanic wrote:
Tell me, if you destroy an aircraft loaded with radioactive material
over Washington with a missile, where does the radioactive material go?

How high is the aircraft, what sort of radioactive material, what amount of
explosive, and what are the wind conditions?

miguel

Old May 11th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Mxsmanic

Charles Packer writes:

At any rate, somebody alerted me by e-mail to uncensored USGS images
at www.terrafly.com. Presumably they were taken earlier than the ones
at Terraserver and also earlier than whatever was put in place on
those roofs that they don't want us to know about.

There are plenty of spy satellites in the world, some of why can read
the time on a person's watch. I rather doubt that terrorists have only
the USGS as a source of images. I also rather doubt that they care
what's on the roof of the White House, anyway.

Old May 11th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Keith Willshaw

"~ Darrell ~" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
I would suggest the 'editing' is to obscure not only what missile type
(probably a platform based on the Stinger) but also what warning receivers
are in place, and possibly hide the Phalanx type system that is normally a
last ditch back-up.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that there's a Phalanx system.

Spraying central DC with 20mm explosive shells at 6000
rounds per minute seems like a rather bad idea.

Keith

Old May 11th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Tiny Human Ferret

Keith Willshaw wrote:
"~ Darrell ~" wrote in message
.rogers.com...

I would suggest the 'editing' is to obscure not only what missile type
(probably a platform based on the Stinger) but also what warning receivers
are in place, and possibly hide the Phalanx type system that is normally a
last ditch back-up.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that there's a Phalanx system.

Spraying central DC with 20mm explosive shells at 6000
rounds per minute seems like a rather bad idea.

Depends on whose side you're on. ;-)

--
The incapacity of a weak and distracted government may
often assume the appearance, and produce the effects,