DAL to become World's largest TransAtlantic carrier

Old October 25th, 2005, 01:14 AM
A Guy Called Tyketto

Default DAL to become World's largest TransAtlantic carrier

Old October 25th, 2005, 07:02 PM
A Guy Called Tyketto

Cyrus Afzali wrote:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 00:14:27 GMT, A Guy Called Tyketto
wrote:

Must you include this multi-line signature every single time you
post? Not to mention there wasn't even a message this time.

Dealing in the world of spoofing and security, yes. Because if
you have my key, you can verify that this post was indeed posted by me,
and only me.

As to the article, I apologise that it wasn't included. Here it
is below.

Delta to Become World.s Largest Transatlantic Airline

Growth includes expansion at Atlanta, New York-JFK hubs

ATLANTA, Oct. 18, 2005 . As part of the largest international expansion
in its history, Delta Air Lines plans to begin non-stop, widebody
service from its transatlantic gateways at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta
International Airport and New York.s John F. Kennedy International
Airport to 11 new markets throughout Europe and the Middle East. With
this growth, Delta will become the world.s largest airline across the
Atlantic. The new routes* include:

Atlanta-Tel Aviv, Israel (previously announced to begin March 27)
Atlanta-D?sseldorf, Germany (previously announced to begin April 3)
Atlanta-Copenhagen, Denmark (previously announced to begin May 1)
Atlanta-Edinburgh, Scotland (effective May 4)
New York (JFK)-Budapest, Hungary (effective May 8)
Atlanta-Nice, France (effective May 9)
Atlanta-Athens, Greece (effective May 29)
New York (JFK)-Dublin/Shannon, Ireland (effective May 15)
New York (JFK)-Manchester, England (effective May 15)
Atlanta-Venice, Italy (effective June 6)
New York (JFK)-Kiev, Ukraine

*JFK-Kiev service is subject to U.S. and foreign government approvals.
All remaining routes listed except JFK-Manchester are subject to
foreign government approval.

..Next summer.s increase in international flying is an integral part of
our customer-focused transformation plan,. said Delta CEO Gerald
Grinstein. .This is a wonderful opportunity to bring Delta.s
award-winning BusinessElite? service to more of our global customers.
Since January, we have announced our intentions to serve more than 50
new international markets, making Delta the fastest-growing U.S.
carrier to Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean and Latin America..

In addition to new routes listed above, Delta will increase seasonal
capacity between Atlanta and Ireland and between New York (JFK) and
Rome. Other recently added transatlantic routes include New York (JFK)
to Chennai, India (via Paris); New York (JFK) to Berlin; and Atlanta to
Moscow.

Delta also will continue to strengthen its position as a leading
airline to Latin America and the Caribbean with planned expansion to
more than 28 new markets during the winter 2005-spring 2006 season.
These new markets include Atlanta to: Managua, Nicaragua; Roatan and
San Pedro Sula, Honduras; and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, to
name a few.

..Atlanta is America.s gateway to Europe, Latin America and the
Caribbean,. said Glen Hauenstein, Delta.s Executive Vice President and
chief of Network and Revenue Management. .With next summer.s additions,
Delta will serve 66 international destinations in 40 countries from
Atlanta . making Delta.s Atlanta hub the third largest international
gateway in North America..

Delta offers the world.s largest selection of connecting flights
through its extensive network in Atlanta, with nearly 1,000 connecting
opportunities each day through one of the world.s most convenient
connecting facilities.

..Delta is taking bold steps to become America.s flag carrier and is
proud to offer our customers expanded options at both our Atlanta and
New York-JFK hubs,. Hauenstein said. .Delta.s extensive widebody fleet
will permit rapid growth from both hubs as we begin to reconfigure
domestic widebodies to international service . making Delta the number
one airline in widebody comfort across the Atlantic..

Additionally, as part of its efforts to reconfigure aircraft, Delta
plans to update the interiors of its entire international fleet to make
the travel experience more comfortable for international customers.
This includes a refreshed BusinessElite product and the introduction of
Delta.s improved domestic coach-class cabin on international routes.

Delta.s increased international service also will present multiple
opportunities for freight forwarders and cargo shippers. The added
freight capacity will benefit shippers to and from many of these
transatlantic and Latin American destinations.

Delta Air Lines is the world.s second-largest airline in terms of
passengers carried and the leading U.S. carrier across the Atlantic,
offering daily flights to 506 destinations in 91 countries on Delta,
Song, Delta Shuttle, the Delta Connection carriers and its worldwide
partners. Delta's marketing alliances allow customers to earn and
redeem frequent flier miles on more than 14,000 flights offered by
SkyTeam and other partners. Delta is a founding member of SkyTeam, a
global airline alliance that provides customers with extensive
worldwide destinations, flights and services. Customers can check in
for flights, print boarding passes and check flight status at
delta.com.

- --
Brad Littlejohn | Email:
Unix Systems Administrator, |

Web + NewsMaster, BOFH.. Smeghead! |
http://www.sbcglobal.net/~tyketto

Old October 25th, 2005, 07:15 PM
JohnT

"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

Must you include this multi-line signature every single time you
post? Not to mention there wasn't even a message this time.

Dealing in the world of spoofing and security, yes. Because if
you have my key, you can verify that this post was indeed posted by me,
and only me.

Apart from you, no-one could care less.

JohnT

Old October 25th, 2005, 07:32 PM
john

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:15:33 +0100, "JohnT"
wrote:

"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in message
om...

wrote:

Must you include this multi-line signature every single time you
post? Not to mention there wasn't even a message this time.

Dealing in the world of spoofing and security, yes. Because if
you have my key, you can verify that this post was indeed posted by me,
and only me.

Apart from you, no-one could care less.

JohnT

JohnT,

I was about to say the same thing.

Who cares about verifying your post?
Old October 25th, 2005, 08:23 PM
TOliver

"john" wrote.....

After Tyketto had laid upon us another inflated lump of pustulent
pestilence, to wit:

Dealing in the world of spoofing and security, yes. Because if
you have my key, you can verify that this post was indeed posted by me,
and only me.

JohnT,

I was about to say the same thing.

Who cares about verifying your post?

My suggestion to you and John T......

The wisdom of the ages prompts me upon encountering one of Tyketto's
self-inflated headers to simply click to the next message in the queue.
Odds are high that the pompous and pretentious twit, a gormless ****** of
Gargantuan self-import, but certifiable in most climes as voraciously and
veraciouly intellectless, will have as usual written little of import, and
in the Bard's description, signifying nothing.

TMO

Old October 25th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Robert J Carpenter

And what does Delta intend to do with its planes and staff during the
many months each year when demand is low across the Atlantic? Will
they make enough in peak months to coast through the others?

Old October 25th, 2005, 10:35 PM
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old October 26th, 2005, 01:08 AM
john

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:35:25 GMT, A Guy Called Tyketto
wrote:

TOliver wrote:

[...]

Why, Thank you for those kind words of support, TMO! I'll rank
that up there with punk totem pole carving, watching my parakeet bowl,
and flossing my cat.

Gee, a parakeet that can BOWL!

How impressive.

How did you train it to do that?

I'll also remind myself to laugh at you when your account gets
r00ted, and you have no way of getting it back.

BL.

Old October 26th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Michael

"TOliver" wrote in message

"john" wrote.....

After Tyketto had laid upon us another inflated lump of pustulent
pestilence, to wit:

The wisdom of the ages prompts me upon encountering one of Tyketto's
self-inflated headers to simply click to the next message in the queue.
Odds are high that the pompous and pretentious twit, a gormless ****** of
Gargantuan self-import, but certifiable in most climes as voraciously and
veraciouly intellectless, will have as usual written little of import,
and in the Bard's description, signifying nothing.

TMO

The posted article was interesting - which is more than I can say for the
irrelevant replies - do you people really think the entire world in
interested in you whining about someone's signature?

Old October 26th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Miguel Cruz

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
TOliver wrote:
The wisdom of the ages prompts me upon encountering one of Tyketto's
self-inflated headers to simply click to the next message in the queue.
Odds are high that the pompous and pretentious twit, a gormless ****** of
Gargantuan self-import, but certifiable in most climes as voraciously and
veraciouly intellectless, will have as usual written little of import, and
in the Bard's description, signifying nothing.

I'll also remind myself to laugh at you when your account gets
r00ted, and you have no way of getting it back.

Why wouldn't he just pick up the phone and call his ISP and ask them to
reset it?

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 38 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Burma; Hong Kong; Macau; Amsterdam; Grand Canyon; Amman