Royal Palm Vacations Incentives

Old January 13th, 2009, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.marketplace
[email protected]

Default Royal Palm Vacations Incentives

Earlier I had reported that I went to a sales pitch for
Royal Palm Vacations and reported on the incentives. I
suggested it was a waste of time to pursue the
"Complementatry 5 day cruise" and "$40 Gas Voucher".

Just for yucks, I sent the form off in the mail. What
I got back confirms what I said before. Don't bother!
I sent the stuff November 20 and they finally sent me
the "Travel Request Form" just now, almost two months
later. Since you can't book within the first 90 days,
that pushed me out to May (when cruises are usually
the cheapest and sail less than full).

You need to fork over $400 for a 3 or 4 night cruise
that you don't know the departure date of until two
weeks before you leave, and oh, by the way, you can't
go in the next three months (February, March, April) nor
can you go in the Summer (June, July or August). So
I would need to put down May or something after August.
They have the right to declare that your cruise falls
on a holiday, and nix you for that (like they might say
a May date falls on spring break or something), or they
add $110 per person.

As for the "gas voucher", you need to send in a form,
via certified mail, to get an approved gas station.
Then you send off one entry per month for $10, and
they take 8 to 10 weeks to send you a check.

Just goes to show you, there's no such thing as
a free lunch.

--Dale--

Here's the fine print on the cruise offer:

GENERAL INFORMATION -
1. Complete the attached Request Form to validate, and mail (certified
mail only) the original to Imperial Incentives, 13575 58th St. North,
Suite 175, Clearwater FL 33760 within 20 days from the issue date from
your participating vendor (this will be determined by the postmark
date on your envelope). An expired certificate will not be honored
for any reason. 2. Along with the Activation Form you must send a
U.S. Postal Money Order, made out to Imperial Incentives, in the
amount of $199.00 per person for port charges, taxes and fees.
Incomplete or improperly completed forms will void this offer and all
funds will be returned to the end user. 3. To complete the request
form below, you must 1) Select 2 different preferred port of departure
2) Select 2 valid preferred sailing months in chronological order 3)
Earliest departure date must be at least 90 days in advance. 4. Upon
confirmation of your cruise vacation and in advance of your sailing
date, Imperial Incentives will mail you your cruise documents. Do not
depart for your cruise vacation until you have received your cruise
documents. Imperial Incentives will issue travel documents
approximately 14 days prior to departure. 5. This offer expires 1
year from date of issue. Travel must be completed before expiration
date. 6. Imperial Incentives assuems no responsibility for any verbal
or written representations made in conjunction with this offer by any
distributor and/or their agents. 7. Both passengers must sign the
activation certificate to be valid, if incomplete certificate will be
invalid. 8. Due to the infrastructure of this promotion, we cannot
accept incoming phone calls. you will be notified in writing 30-45
days prior to the date that is available. Al reservation requests
will be processed by U.S. Mail. If you require additional
information, please write to the address shown above.

TERMS OF PARTICIPATION -
Arrivals - Imperial Incentives will make every effort to accomodate
one of your travel dates, however all reservations are subject to
availability and do not include high seasons (June - August) or major
holidays. A major holiday (major holidays are New Year's Day,
President's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day,
Thanksgiving Day, Independence Day, and Christmas). Additional black-
out dates such as Spring Break may apply. These dates are subject to
a surcharge of up to $110.00 per person. We make every effort to
fulfill your chosen travel date, but reserve the right to offer
alternate dates when necessary.
Charges - Vacationers are responsible for charges incurred in excess
of this offer, such as, but not limited to, any taxes, fees, and
transportation, costs not mentioned on the certificate such as meals,
gratuities, and any surcharges imposed by travel suppliers. Once
made, all reservations are final and non-refundable and/or non-
changeable.
Cabin - Cabins are availab on a space available basis. Al cabins are
entry level, third and fourth person upgrade, when available, must be
purchased through Imperial Incentives at cruise lines current
published List Rates. . Vacationers may request longer cruises or
cabin upgrades for surcharges set by Imperial Incentives. Passengers
may be traveling with a grou, and at times be required to stay
together as a group. However, reservations are accepted on an
individual basis only. To or more request forms received together,
and requesting the same travel dates will not be accepted.
Documentation - Passengers traveling on this offer must be listed on
the original reservation request form, and must be at least 21 years
of age. This offer is non-transferable, and identification will be
required. It is the responsibility of the end user to provide proper
documents such as passports, visas, inoculation, birth certificate,
photo I.D.'s, and other legal documents required bty travel suppliers
and countries. Documents must be presented at time of boarding. Do
not leave on vacation without receiving a written confirmation from
Imperial Incentives.
Cancellation / Refunds - Cencellation, refunds, and/or any changes
must be made in writing. No refunds will be issued after twelve
months. Penalties may apply once reservation has been confirmed. The
purchase of travel insurance is recommended.
Responsibilities - Imperial Incentives or either cruise line do not
assume any liability of responsibility for damage, expense of
inconvenience, not for loss, injury, death or damage to any person or
property at any hotel or on any aircraft/ship or in any transit during
travel, or for any cause whatsoever due to delays, cancellation due to
nature, mechanical breakdown, strike, terrorist acts, acts of ware, or
acts of God. It is agreed that the governing court for any legal
action shall be in Pinellas County, Florida. Vacationers are
responsible for port charges and government taxes. This offer is for
cruise only.
Restrictions - This cacation offer is not valid where prohibited by
loaw or where the sponsor does not maintain a state license. All
federal, stae, and local laws apply. This offer cannot be used in
conjunction with any other Imperial Incentives certificate. This
certificate offer has nocash redemption value and is non-transferable
and non-endorsable, and can not be sold to the end user. No name
changes are allowed once certificate is issues. Only original
certificate holder may use this offer for travel. Fulfillment of
these programs is the sole and excluseive oblication of Imperial
Incentives. Failure to follow terms of participation and general
information will automatically void this certificate. No facsimiles
of photo copies of this certificate will be accepted; original
document only. This offer is void where prohibited by law. Package
subject to change without notice. For promotional use only. Due to
the promotional nature of this offer, Imperial Incentives can only
honor one certificate, per household, per year.
Notification - YOU MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT WIHTOUT PENALTY OR
OBLIGATION WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR RECEIPT OF
VACATION CERTIFICATE, WHICHEVER OCCURS LATER. YOU MAY ALSO CANCEL
THIS CONTRACT IF ACCOMMODATEION OR FACILITIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE
PURSUANT TO A REQUEST FOR USE AS PROVIDED IN THE CONTRACT. IF YOU
DECIDE TO CANCEL, YOU MUST NOTIFY THE SELLER IN WRITING OF YOUR INTENT
TO CANCEL BY RETURNING THE CERTIFICATE AND SENDING NOTICE TO: IMPERIAL
INCENTIVES AT 13575 58TH STREET NORTH, SUITE 175, CLEARWATER, FL
33760. IMPERIAL INCENTIVES IS REGISTERED WITH THE STATE OF FLORIDA AS
A SELLER OF TRAVEL, REGISTRATION NO. ST37092. NO PURCHASER SHALL RELY
UPON REPRESENTATIONS OTHER THAN THOSE INCLUDED IN THIS CONTRACT. THIS
CONTRACT IS FOR THE PURCHASE OF A VACATION CERTIFICATE AND PUTS ALL
ASSIGNEES ON NOTICE OF THE CONSUMER'S RIGHT TO CANCEL UNDER SECTION
559.993, FLORIDA STATUTES.

================================================== ==============================
| [FRONT: (picture of Carnival ship with name photoshopped out)]
| Complimentary 5 day cruise Presented by: World Vacations
|
| Important Notice: This cruise certificate has been issued by World
| Vacations, a licensed seller of travel. World Vacations is not
| affiliated with, nor and agen of Carnival Cruise Lines, and is
solely
| responsible for this offer.
|
| [BACK:]
| WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT YOU! (THIS IS NOT A TIMESHARE OR
LAND
| SALE OFFER)
|
| TOLL FREE 1-888-319-4322
|
| Congratulations and pack your bags! In celebration of our Grand
| Opening in your area you have been selected to receive a
complimentary
| cruise for two (2) for five (5) days and four (4) nights. All
meals,
| on board activities, and entertainment are included. There are over
4
| different ports of departure and many destinations to choose from.
| Retail value up to $1,400. Call immediately, this offer expires in
14
| days. CALL NOW!
|
| Call within 48 hours and receive a $40 Gas Voucher
|
| (Carnival Logo) Carnival
|
| CRUISE ITINERARY
| PRESENTED BY:
| WORLD VACATIONS
| [fake itinerary data omitted]
| [below is what is says in 4 point type]
| Details of participation: No purchase necessary. Appointments are
| required. Must have a minimum household income of $40,000 per year,
| or retired. This offer is specifically designed for married or
| cohabiting persons 28-72 years of age. If married, cohabitating or
| engaged, both individuals must attend together. Some restrictions
| apply on travel for cruise for two. Gift recipient is responsible
for
| taxes and port fees. This promotion is in no way affiliated with
the
| cruise lines listed. Registered with the State of Florida as a
Seller

================================================== ==============================

> [...]
1994
| and supposedly has 18,000 members.
| The base offer is $7700 one time fee and $250/yr, which enables you
| stay at resorts for about half price. In order to get this "deal",
| you need to book far in advance. By the end of the pitch, they've
got
| a reduced package for sale for $69/mo for 3 years (plus the $250
| annual), but that allows you to get the half price only once per
| year. I have no background on whether this offer is any good or
not,
| but I did learn a bit of about the "direct incentive marketing"
| fulfillment company: "Certs, Inc." (http://www.certsinc.biz)
|
| At the end of the presentation, you get a "Thank you for attending
our
| travel presentation" form. It says:
|
| "Please complete the form below and send it within 14 days with a
self
| addressed 4"x9.5" envelope to: Gift Redemption Center, 8437 Tuttle
| Avenue #334, Sarasota, FL 34243-2868"
|
| "Frequently asked Questions: Can I bring this paper in or call
soemone
| to ask questions about the offers before I choose? No after filling
| out the front of this form it goes to a mail house, from there you
| will be mailed the chosen promotional gift. After receiving the
gift
| you may contact the company providing the promotional gift to answer
| your questions. Please understand that gifts are provided by an
| outside company and the terms vary according to your choice. DO NOT
| SEND MONEY WITH THIS FORM."
|
| HERE IS WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT THE INCENTIVE:
|
| Based on some research on the internet (just googled "Royal Palms
| Vacations"), I figure that the incentive provider is "Certs,
| Inc." (http://www.certsinc.biz). It seems that this company's
| business model is to use whatever means they can think of to keep
you
| from getting your gift (you can read some experiences for yourself
at
| http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...8/page/1.html).
| I will summarize what I found, not by experience, but by reading the
| complaintsboard.com site:
|
| They make you pay $100 "processing fee", which I presume is in
| addition to the "taxes and port fees" you agreed to on the original
| post card. Then, later, they make you pay another $50 later, for
| something else. You still don't have confirmed travel dates. They
| also have a trick about having at least 30 days between travel date
| choices, so if you pick 2/1 and 3/1, they void your gift, no
recourse,
| end of discussion. The $40 is gas is only payable $10 at a time,
each
| one requiring a separate submission, at least one month apart. On
| respondent said the gas must be purchased in exact $10 amounts.
|
| MY ADVICE TO YOU, IF YOU GOOGLED THIS WHEN YOU GOT THE POSTCARD IN
THE