Branson?

Old September 15th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Bubba

Default Branson?

We're thinking about a drive to Branson to see what all the shoutin's about.
Any suggestions as to the highlights (regardless of price) that we should
take in over about a three- or four-day stay?

Thanks

Old September 16th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Auntie Em

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:51:42 GMT, "Bubba"
wrote:

We're thinking about a drive to Branson to see what all the shoutin's about.
Any suggestions as to the highlights (regardless of price) that we should
take in over about a three- or four-day stay?

Thanks

Well, Silver Dollar City is a must-see. Not a typical theme park,
"SDC" as the locals call it, is a park themed in the 1890's and
features master craftsmen demonstrating their crafts, as well as great
entertainment, good food, and lots of great things to see and do.

You probably want to see the Showboat Branson Belle, which is an
authentic "showboat" complete with great entertainment and terrific
food.

The shows have changed a great deal in the past few years, moving from
the "big names" to the smaller shows. Despite this, the quality
hasn't suffered. Many of the smaller shows are great.

Last season there was a show called "Swing, swing, swing", which was a
fantastic show. I don't know if they are still there this season, but
if they are, I can recommend them.

Of course, you have the big names like Mickey Gilley, Andy Williams,
Moe Bandy, Yakov Smirnof, and I believe that this year Ray Stevens is
back. Of course you can count on these shows to provide top
entertainment.

Personally, I think Shoji Tabuchi is overrated, although his bathrooms
are quite nice.

I don't think it is possible to have a BAD time in Branson.

Em
Be careful what you wish for....

Old September 16th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Icono Clast

Auntie Em wrote:
Last season there was a show called "Swing, swing, swing", which was a
fantastic show. I don't know if they are still there this season, but
if they are, I can recommend them.

A couple of months ago, one of the dancers in that show came running
across a ballroom to me saying "They tell me I just have to dance
with you!" Well, I'd been trying all week-end to get a dance with her
but I was never quick enough as she was one of the hottest dancers there.

I know all four of the Swing dancers in that show and have danced
with two of 'em.
Thirty years ago today, BART began trans-San Francisco Bay Service
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net