Flight in August

Old April 29th, 2007, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
max11

Default Flight in August

I write you from Italy, excuse for my English.
I'd book a flight from Darwin to cairns in August. I'd know if the
fare (now is 335$ with Qantas) could go up? do you know if 335$ is a
good fare? So it could be worthwhile to book in advance or I could
wait for some special fare?

Thank you

Old April 29th, 2007, 11:18 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
David Bennetts

"max11" wrote in message
oups.com...
I write you from Italy, excuse for my English.
I'd book a flight from Darwin to cairns in August. I'd know if the
fare (now is 335$ with Qantas) could go up? do you know if 335$ is a
good fare? So it could be worthwhile to book in advance or I could
wait for some special fare?

Thank you

Anyone's guess, but I doubt whether you'd get a cheaper fare closer to
August. It's the peak tourist season for Cairns and Darwin, so there are
unlikely to be any bargains around.

Currently you could get a slightly cheaper fare via Virgin Blue, but you'll
have to go via Brisbane (no direct flights).

David Bennetts

Old April 29th, 2007, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Fred[_4_]

"max11" wrote in message
oups.com...
I write you from Italy, excuse for my English.
I'd book a flight from Darwin to cairns in August. I'd know if the
fare (now is 335$ with Qantas) could go up? do you know if 335$ is a
good fare? So it could be worthwhile to book in advance or I could
wait for some special fare?

Thank you

335$ should be written as $335 - but what currency? Is it American (US$) or
Australian (AU$)?

Old April 30th, 2007, 04:10 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
gerrit

"max11" wrote in message
oups.com...
I write you from Italy, excuse for my English.
I'd book a flight from Darwin to cairns in August. I'd know if the
fare (now is 335$ with Qantas) could go up? do you know if 335$ is a
good fare? So it could be worthwhile to book in advance or I could
wait for some special fare?

Thank you

How are you coming to Australia?

If you fly Qantas to Australia it may be possible to purchase flights within
Australia on Qantas cheaper from your travel agent at the same time as the
return ticket to Australia. Even if the main ticket price is higher this may
still end up being the overall cheaper option.
Other than that the cheapest way to fly in Australia would be to purchase as
far in advance as possible using the websites of Qantas and/or Virginblue.
Gerrit

Old May 1st, 2007, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
simon

On 30 Apr, 00:36, "Fred" wrote:
- but what currency? Is it American (US$) or
Australian (AU$)?

australian dollars