Does anybody else bring throw away clothes?

Old January 15th, 2006, 03:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Does anybody else bring throw away clothes?

When I go on vacations or cruises, I bring some casual clothes
that still look OK but are just starting to get a little frayed.
I will also bring some sox and underwear and even casual shoes
that are starting to look a little tired. I sometimes go to the
dollar store to buy new sox underwear.

All of the above are throw away clothes. I will throw them away
or leave them behind. If I leave them behind without putting them
in the waste basked, I make sure to tell the maid/steward that I
don't want them anymore.

Bringing throw away clothes leaves more room to bring new purchases
back. Besides that, If my hotel/ship does not have a self service
laundry, I have found it's often cheaper to buy new clothes than
to have clothes laundered.

Of course, I don't wear any throw away clothes on formal night. I
also make sure to have some new good quality underwear in case I get
lucky at the singles gathering.

Old January 15th, 2006, 03:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

LOL - I do that too. "Bring and throw away old clothes".

I only ever take carry-on luggage with me. Besides as I get older
[cough] that's all I can carry with me anyway, what with sprained
ankles and whatever else I've done to myself before the vacation this
year.

I go to these conventions once a year and we get these goodie bags full
of goodies. So I need to clear out space in my luggage before I can
pack to go home. I usually toss the shampoo bottle and other cosmetic
items too.

I never get hassled by Customs either, as I don't have tons of
suitcases, so obviously I can't have bought a lot of items.

I like to buy clothes in the US, as in my country the fashions are for
Asian size 0, and I can't find anything that fits. But in the US, I can
find TONS of clothes that fit me.

~Melanie

Old January 15th, 2006, 04:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Odysseus" wrote in message news:Swiyf.698848$x96.25983@attbi_s72...
When I go on vacations or cruises, I bring some casual clothes
that still look OK but are just starting to get a little frayed.
I will also bring some sox and underwear and even casual shoes
that are starting to look a little tired. I sometimes go to the
dollar store to buy new sox underwear.

All of the above are throw away clothes. I will throw them away
or leave them behind. If I leave them behind without putting them
in the waste basked, I make sure to tell the maid/steward that I
don't want them anymore............

LOL! We don't throw away, we do just the opposite. We always pack about
1/2 of the casual daywear that we anticipate we will need because we always
buy t-shirts or tropical wear at various ports along the way. And we always
pack our suitcases only 1/2 full. That leaves room for all the extra
clothes we have aquired, plus lots of souvenirs.

Old January 15th, 2006, 11:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:34:26 -0500, Odysseus wrote
(in article Swiyf.698848$x96.25983@attbi_s72):

When I go on vacations or cruises, I bring some casual clothes
that still look OK but are just starting to get a little frayed.
I will also bring some sox and underwear and even casual shoes
that are starting to look a little tired. I sometimes go to the
dollar store to buy new sox underwear.

LOL I am planning for a World Cruise length cruise to use disposable
underwear that one travel supplies company sells. It is a laundry saving
thing.

Old January 15th, 2006, 12:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I do that too...and also bring paperback novels from the annual book fair
and leave them in the room or the library when I'm done. It does free up
space for other stuff to bring home.
Thought I was pretty much alone in doing this, my traveling companions don't
do it.

Old January 15th, 2006, 01:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article 8eryf.699517$x96.90747@attbi_s72, Odysseus wrote:

Where do I get the disposable underwear? Of course, stuff purchased
at a dollar store can be considered disposable.

They sell Depends at most supermarkets.......

--
Charles
Old January 15th, 2006, 05:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:28:53 GMT, Odysseus wrote:

Where do I get the disposable underwear?

Hi,

Here is a great Santa Barbara company that sells them.
http://www.magellans.com/
They have a location in LA and Santa Barbara as well as an on-line
store.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Old January 15th, 2006, 06:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
d...

In article 8eryf.699517$x96.90747@attbi_s72, Odysseus wrote:

Where do I get the disposable underwear? Of course, stuff purchased
at a dollar store can be considered disposable.

They sell Depends at most supermarkets.......

--
Charles

LOL, Charles!
--Jean

Not a joke to those who need them; thankfully we don't.......yet.

Ermalee