MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default MERRY CHRISTMAS

To all who celebrate this wonderful day MERRY
CHRISTMAS,AND A HAPPY SAFE NEW YEAR.
And to all others happy whatever. Smooth sailing for all who are
cruising.

cruise lover

Old December 23rd, 2007, 03:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
To all who celebrate this wonderful day MERRY
CHRISTMAS,AND A HAPPY SAFE NEW YEAR.
And to all others happy whatever. Smooth sailing for all who are
cruising.

Merry Christmas to you, too, Annie! And to all who celebrate this holy day!
A Belated Happy Hanukkah and a Happy Kwanzaa, which comes right after
Christmas. I have been truly blessed with the love of my family and
friends..Those of you with whom we have cruised, I consider you my family
away from home.. Thank you for being my friends and coming into my life! To
EVERYONE on rtc, a Very Happy and Healthy New Year filled with many cruises!

--Jean

Old December 24th, 2007, 01:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_2_]

Merry Christmas, Annie, to you and your husband. I will send you an
email tomorrow. We have house guests, so I have been busy cooking.

For those who enjoy a really good fruitcake (yes, there are some good
ones!), this is my favorite. It is all fruit and nuts, with just enough
batter to hold it together.

Cherry Nut Cake

1 pound candied cherries, cut in half
1 pound chopped pecans
1 pound dates,chopped
1/2 pound candied pineapple
Batter:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 325. Mix chopped fruits and nuts with 1/2 cup flour.
Beat eggs. Add sugar, remaining flour salt and baking powder. Beat
slightly. Combine fruit-nut mixture with batter. Mix with hands (it is
so thick, there is no other way to handle this).

Bake in a tube pan lined with two thickness of wax paper or heavy brown
paper that's been liberally greased. Bake 90 minutes at 325 degrees.

Note: I substituted brown sugar for white sugar, I doubled the amount
of pineapple, I added cinnamon, and I baked it in Wilton mini pans, it
made one dozen. They were done in about 40 minutes. I used Crisco spray
w/flour and the cakes came out with no problem.

Becca
Old December 24th, 2007, 03:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_3_]

Merry Christmas to all!

We said in 13 days!

Can't wait!!

Old December 24th, 2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Jr. wrote:

Merry Christmas to all!

We said in 13 days!

Can't wait!!

You sail in 13 days? What ship?
Have a great Cruise

Ermalee
Old December 24th, 2007, 04:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jr. wrote:

Merry Christmas to all!

We said in 13 days!

Can't wait!!

Merry Christmas to you Jr. and I can't wait to meet you on the Emerald!!

Merry Christmas to everyone else on RTC who celebrates Christmas.

Happy New Year to all!!

sue
Old December 24th, 2007, 04:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Ermalee wrote:

Jr. wrote:

Merry Christmas to all!

We said in 13 days!

Can't wait!!

You sail in 13 days? What ship?
Have a great Cruise

The Emerald Princess out of Fort Lauderdale, 10 day cruise!!

sue - who will be meeting Jr. for the first time!!
Old December 24th, 2007, 04:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

Thanks for the fruit cake recipe,beca. It's too late for this year but
I'll try it in 08

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carnival Inspiation 1-10-2008
Princess Star 3-30-2008
Princess Star 4-11-2008
Carnival Legend 9-7-2008
RCCL Grandeur 12-8-2008

Old December 24th, 2007, 04:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

Becca wrote:
[...]

Sounds a little like our family recipe. And, yes, a fruitcake is meant
to be good and not the nasty Citron laced bricks that you find at Walmart!

FRUIT CAKE
1 1/2 lbs. dates 1/2 t. salt
1 lb. candied pineapple (yellow & green) 4 eggs
1 lb. candied cherries 1 c. sugar
2 c. flour 3 t. vanilla
2 t. baking powder 2 lbs. pecans
Grease 2 loaf pans and then lay greased brown paper into bottom of pans.

Mix fruit & add dry ingredients. Beat eggs & sugar together then add to
fruit. Mix together well. Stir in pecans (make sure to do this last
after dry & wet ingredients are mixed). Bake at 275ºF for 1 1/2 hrs.
Glaze with Karo syrup.
(copied from Politically Incorrect Kitchen
http://rayzplace.com/cooking/#fruit)

Merry Christmas!

--
Ray Contreras
Old December 24th, 2007, 07:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

Where is the booze in those recipes?? I thought all fruit cakes always
had booze in it. I guess thats why I never liked it. I hate alcohol in
food, and those nasty little green things. I've never had a good one I
guess.

Merry Christmas Everyone.