Carnival Spirit best trip ever!

Old December 21st, 2007, 06:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Matthew Drake

Default Carnival Spirit best trip ever!

I just came back a few weeks ago from my trip from San Diego to
Alcap,Ixtapa and Manzanillo..returning back to San Diego
(11/30/07 to 12/8/07

I have to say,I had my doubts about Carnival years ago.But this trip
made up for it.

Karaoke was a blast,so was trivia..and the food was something else..

To those who went on the same cruise,we gotta do that again soon!!

Made new friends for life..being that I was all over the Cruise
DVD..gotta love that!

Old December 21st, 2007, 11:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

Matthew,

Thanks for sharing. Now, this is what this newsgroup is really suppose to be
about. I too have been on the Spirit, yet some time ago, and in my opinion
she is one beautiful ship. I've been on her not to cruise at that time, but
for a ship inspection. It's good to know that at least in your opinion, she
is still as I remember. Indeed, Carnival has done itself proud, especially
from the days of the beer drinking contests.

Thank again.

Happy sailing,
John Sisker, SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency No. 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old December 21st, 2007, 12:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

Matthew, Good for you! I applaud you for your positive remarks on
Carnival. There are a lot of people in the group who like to bash
Carnival. Yet these are the people who haven't sailed the line in many
many years. Carnival has come a long way since its early days of in
your face party party party. Its a great line for the money and the
Spirit is a Great Ship. Thanks for your input.

Old December 21st, 2007, 12:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

Matt, How many cruises have you been on? Have you been on Princess, HAL or
RCL? We've been deterred from sailing on Carnival because of all the
negative reports in past years but perhaps we'll give it a chance in the
near future. It's good to hear positive reports occasionally.

Old December 21st, 2007, 01:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

Boomer, Just curious about the bad reports you have heard. I know the 3
& 4 days cruises are party hard ships. The 7, 8, 10 day & longer trips
are great. My last trip was 8 days and I would say the average age on
board was 45. Never once did I see anyone out of control. Just curious
about what your impressions are from what you have read.

Old December 21st, 2007, 01:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

Rick,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this one, even though it was
addressed to Bommer. You are indeed correct, the 7-day and longer Carnival
cruises are not quite the party atmosphere that the 3 and 4 day market
attracts. However, it is not as bad as it once was. Likewise, the 3-days
cruises are much more geared towards the party crowd than the 4-day cruise,
simply because the 3-day cruise is basically a weekend cruise, where the
4-day cruise is Monday through Friday. When people have to plan a bit more
in advanced, taking the necessary time off work, they are not so much just
the weekend drinking crowd.

Old December 21st, 2007, 01:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rick[_3_]

On Dec 21, 8:40*am, "John Sisker" wrote:
Rick,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this one, even though it was
addressed to Bommer. You are indeed correct, the 7-day and longer Carnival
cruises are not quite the party atmosphere that the 3 and 4 day market
attracts. However, it is not as bad as it once was. Likewise, the 3-days
cruises are much more geared towards the party crowd than the 4-day cruise,
simply because the 3-day cruise is basically a weekend cruise, where the
4-day cruise is Monday through Friday. When people have to plan a bit more
in advanced, taking the necessary time off work, they are not so much just
the weekend drinking crowd.

If I lived in South Florida I think I would be on one of these
every month. Not for
the party just for the escape. I wish NYC had more Cruises to
Nowhere. Usually
I can only find 1 or 2 at most and then its a conflict with my
schedule.

I was just curious to hear what Boomer found so repulsive about
Carnival.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
Boomer, Just curious about the bad reports you have heard. I know the 3
& 4 days cruises are party hard ships. The 7, 8, 10 day & longer trips
are great. My last trip was 8 days and I would say the average age on
board was 45. Never once did I see anyone out of control. Just curious
about what your impressions are from what you have read.

Just the negative reports I've heard from friends that have sailed on
Carnival about 10 years ago & from what I've read on the NG's. We've been
pretty loyal to Princess, then RCI, then Celebrity & finally NCL. I can't
say much good about Costa- we were on just one Costa cruise which was
terrible but I suppose the Costa cruise in the Caribbean must be better.
Lately I hears so much has changed on Carnival we might give them a shot
next year.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

"Rick" wrote in message

I was just curious to hear what Boomer found so repulsive about
Carnival.

From what we've heard the "typical" Carnival 3 & 4 day cruises (and even the
7 day cruises) tend to be the loud party beer drinking people & it's not the
type of crowd we'd prefer to cruise with. Just this past Sept our relatives
were on the Carnival Spirit (their second cruise) & didn't exactly rave
about the food although they didn't have any other complaints.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Boomer
wrote:

Just the negative reports I've heard from friends that have sailed on
Carnival about 10 years ago & from what I've read on the NG's. We've been
pretty loyal to Princess, then RCI, then Celebrity & finally NCL. I can't
say much good about Costa- we were on just one Costa cruise which was
terrible but I suppose the Costa cruise in the Caribbean must be better.
Lately I hears so much has changed on Carnival we might give them a shot
next year.

I gave Carnival a shot a couple of years ago after sailing on RCI,
Celebrity and Princess. The food was pretty good but the rest was less
than impressive. Service did not impress. Decor was awful. Hated the
low ceilings. Hated the booths in the dining room. The Maitre D made
announcements every night in the dining room. Too much dancing waiters.
The materials used had a cheap feel. The library was upholstered in
dated cheap cloth covering. It is a low budget cruise line. The ship
was very smokey from second hand smoke. The pool areas stunk except for
the slide. The cruise director was obnoxious And this was a Spirit
Class ship that it was recommended I try. The only thing that would get
me on a Carnival ship again in the near future is if the Viking group
booked it.

--
Charles