Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

Old July 19th, 2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

The Reid writes:

to support the US lifestyle across the globe population will have
to start falling fast.

I agree, but I think that's a desirable goal. There isn't any reason
why human population must perpetually increase. And if it does
perpetually increase, eventually everyone will starve under the most
dire conditions, since the resources of the planet are finite.

Old July 19th, 2006, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:32:31 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

The Reid writes:

to support the US lifestyle across the globe population will have
to start falling fast.

I agree, but I think that's a desirable goal. There isn't any reason
why human population must perpetually increase. And if it does
perpetually increase, eventually everyone will starve under the most
dire conditions, since the resources of the planet are finite.

I think we'll have a bit of warning.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old July 20th, 2006, 03:08 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Dave Frightens Me writes:

I think we'll have a bit of warning.

Here in Paris we've had warnings of 100° F and above for a week.
Nobody seems to be listening.

Old July 20th, 2006, 05:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Tchiowa

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dave Frightens Me writes:

I think we'll have a bit of warning.

Here in Paris we've had warnings of 100° F and above for a week.

I wonder if France will demonstrate its vaunted medical care system and
the high quality of life again this summer when hundreds or thousands
die because of the heat and the hospitals can't cope with treating
them.

Old July 20th, 2006, 08:48 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Tchiowa writes:

I wonder if France will demonstrate its vaunted medical care system and
the high quality of life again this summer when hundreds or thousands
die because of the heat and the hospitals can't cope with treating
them.

The health care system isn't the part that has to change. The country
needs to start installing air conditioning.

Old July 20th, 2006, 09:21 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Dave Frightens Me

I agree, but I think that's a desirable goal. There isn't any reason
why human population must perpetually increase. And if it does
perpetually increase, eventually everyone will starve under the most
dire conditions, since the resources of the planet are finite.

I think we'll have a bit of warning.

you don't think we are already getting them? Warming, species
loss,oil and gas supplies....
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old July 20th, 2006, 12:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Martin writes:

Why don't you **** of to somewhere with a climate more to your liking?

I did, but it got hot, just like everywhere else.

Old July 20th, 2006, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:48:58 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Tchiowa writes:

I wonder if France will demonstrate its vaunted medical care system and
the high quality of life again this summer when hundreds or thousands
die because of the heat and the hospitals can't cope with treating
them.

The health care system isn't the part that has to change. The country
needs to start installing air conditioning.

They need education, not air-con.
--
---
Old July 20th, 2006, 09:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Frightens Me

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:45:00 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Martin writes:

Why don't you **** of to somewhere with a climate more to your liking?

I did, but it got hot, just like everywhere else.

Martin, Mixi just dissed you big time!
--
---