Insanity of the Thailand whore scene

Old January 26th, 2009, 09:57 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default Insanity of the Thailand whore scene

The peculiar insanity of the Thailand whore scene, and it’s
uselessness to many by Cromwell Butterfield
Published by Cromwell Butterfield on October 21st, 2008 in Reader
Submissions. 151 Comments

At the outset, I want to make it clear that I am drawing a rigid
distinction between the whore scene and the world of regular girls,
and am discussing ONLY the former.

Well, I hardly know where to begin. Let me start by explaining how I
understand the concept of whoring to function. Essentially this seems
reasonable to me; the act of paying a whore frees you from the anxiety
of rejection and from the necessity of making a serious social effort.
To me, that is the entire point of whoring.

If I wanted to make a serious social effort, deploying the full force
of my (considerable) charm and entire range of social skills, with the
added thrill of never being certain of success, I would be hitting on
regular girls.

Lets be honest. Even the hottest whores are not really as hot as many
of the girls in the regular girl scene. We make sacrifices when we
whore. We are willing to tolerate a slightly lower level of quality if
it means being shielded from failure and rejection and being liberated
from the burden of being always “on”. We are
willing to pay money to get this.

But in Thailand, things appear to have become hopelessly muddled. Go
to the bars and there is every possibility of being rejected. If you
hit on the better looking girls, there is every probability. And the
rejections are often chillingly devoid of any consideration of your
feelings or even dignity.

In short, these whores have ATTITUDE!

Whores with attitude, indeed! This subverts the entire rationale for
whoring. Takes away all the fun and relaxation and re-introduces
anxiety and effort and alertness. Completely destroys the beautiful
thing that whoring can be in theory and replaces it with this hybrid
monster combining some of the worst elements of whoring (cash) without
eliminating the worst elements of hitting on regular girls! (anxiety,
rejection, and social effort)

In short - WTF?!?!?!?!?!

Who is responsible for this ridiculous system? I guess that’s a stupid
question, because the system is shaped by the underlying economic
forces that govern it, like any system. As long as there is a glut of
men willing to pay for the hottest whores, the whores are in control
and pull the strings. In other words a dynamic almost identical to the
regular girl world exists in the whore scene as well, thus almost
reducing the incentive to whore and perverting this beautiful
institution, which supposedly has its raison d’etre as an alternative
to the regular girl scene, not as a perverse, vicious mirror image of
it.

The better question is, whose needs then is this Alice in Wonderland
Thai whore scene built to serve? Who does this work for? Well, for
starters older farang men who would not be getting ANY girls at all in
the regular girl world. Clearly such men can still benefit from this
scene, although their choice is confined to the less attractive whores
and they are effectively barred from the better ones.

Secondly Asian men of nearly ALL stripes, young or old or fat or ugly,
seem to have a chance with the better whores (we all know the score on
the whore preference for Asian guys, which by the way seems to exist
all around the world for the same reasons, even with white whores. In
a lovely little bit of universe-inversion, this preference doesn’t
extend to the regular girl world for the exact SAME reasons it DOES
exist amongst whores!)

Many farang guys are convinced they are getting the better whores in
the bars, like Rainbow, etc - but they really aren’t. After spending
extensive time in these bars and the after hours places I have quite
simply never seen a farang with one of the really cute ones. Can’t say
decisively it doesn’t happen, but it seems highly unlikely. What most
guys don’t realize is that most girls choose you almost as much as you
choose them, through eye contact, consenting to stand in your general
vicinity, etc, etc - girls MAKE themselves available for your approach
and encourage you to approach. A farang walks in to one of these bars
and many of the cuter ones avoid eye contact or walk to other sections
of the bar, thus when the remaining uglier girls pay attention the
illusion of interest and choice is preserved. Some of the more astute
farang are aware of this phenomenon.

Anyways the whore scene in Thailand follows its own peculiar logic and
is designed in a way that makes it useless to a large chunk of the
farang population. Seems silly, stupid. Is definitely annoying and
frustrating.

But, c’est la vie! Just let no one tell me the Thai whore scene is
“amazing”. It might be for Asian guys, or it
might be for truly desperate white guys. For everyone else, no. Sorry,
but no.
Old January 27th, 2009, 03:28 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
LarbGai

On Jan 27, 9:57*am, wrote:
[...]

***** I'll leave this to the experts. Over to you Titchy or your
puppet Morticia.
Old January 27th, 2009, 08:43 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Jan 26, 6:28*pm, LarbGai wrote:
On Jan 27, 9:57*am, wrote:

[...]

puppet Morticia.- Hide quoted text -

***or "the Brain"...he's an expert on everything...just ask
him...ehhhh, Brain...:-)