Carnival Corp. In Ranking of Top-performing!

Old March 29th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Carnival Corp. In Ranking of Top-performing!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from the Carnival Corporation and
thought it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news'
postings, they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Carnival Corp. & plc Included in 'The BusinessWeek 50' Ranking of
Top-performing Companies

World's Largest Cruise Operator Only Leisure Company Included in
Annual List

MIAMI, March 29
Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE: CCL; LSE) (NYSE: CUK), the world's
largest cruise operator, has been included in the "The BusinessWeek
50," a ranking of the top-performing companies of the S&P 500.

Carnival is the only leisure company included in the annual list,
which is featured in the April 5, 2004, issue of the publication.

Unlike other lists, which simply rank companies based on size or stock
performance, according to the magazine, "The BusinessWeek 50"
recognizes "companies that symbolize the best in Corporate America,
both in operational performance and in their ability to convert that
success into lucrative gains for shareholders."

Rankings are based on a wide range of factors, including revenue
growth, profits, net margins, debt levels, sales volume, and
shareholder returns over both one- and three-year periods.

Commented Carnival Corporation & plc Chairman and CEO Micky Arison,
"We are very pleased to be included in 'The BusinessWeek 50,' and this
recognition speaks volumes about the exceptional performance of our
company over the past three years. We're coming off one of the most
difficult periods in the history of travel. Yet, despite these
challenges, we continually outperformed all other companies in the
leisure travel sector, maintaining a constant focus on providing
quality vacations at tremendous value, while keeping an eye on the
bottom line and earning returns for our shareholders."

Carnival Corporation & plc is the only company in the world to be
included in both the S&P 500 and the FTSE 100 indices and most
recently was added to the NYSE U.S. 100 Index.

Traded on both the New York and London Stock Exchanges, Carnival
Corporation & plc is the largest cruise vacation group in the world,
with a portfolio of 12 cruise brands in North America, Europe and
Australia, comprised of Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line,
Princess Cruises, Seabourn Cruise Line, Windstar Cruises, AIDA, Costa
Cruises, Cunard Line, Ocean Village, P&O Cruises, Swan Hellenic, and
P&O Cruises Australia.

Together, these brands operate 75 ships totaling more than 123,000
lower berths with nine new ships scheduled for delivery between April
2004 and mid- 2006. Carnival Corporation & plc also operates the
leading tour companies in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon, Holland
America Tours and Princess Tours.

A complete listing of "The BusinessWeek 50" is available in the April
5 issue or on-line at www.businessweek.com.

Additional information on Carnival Corporation & plc is available at
www.carnivalcorp.com and www.carnivalplc.com.

Old March 31st, 2004, 06:51 AM
Cruisebyweb

Quoting Special Ed.......