? Breezes Bahamas - Trip Report

Old January 4th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Hal Segal, moderator

Default ? Breezes Bahamas - Trip Report

Hal,

Can you please submit my posting for me. I'm having the toughest time
getting it to work.

Thanks,
John Rosenbaum

We visited Breezes Super Club in Bahamas for 4 days at the end of
December. We got a great deal (last minute) and found the club to
be worth the limited expense if you understand its deficiencies.

Facilities
==========
The facilities are Breezes are overstated. Five pools is a gross
error. In reality, there is 1 pool and 1 hot tub. The others are
interconnected and are much smaller than pictured. The beach is
quite small compared to the surrounding hotels property. The gym
is tiny, but usable. It can hold 5 or 6 people comfortably. Rooms
are clean, but not big. Hot water was not existent during our
stay. Water out of the shower was luke-warm at best-- the hot tub is
much, much warmer.

Activities
==========
The biggest disappointment of our trip were the activities. We
found many to be unavailable or too crowded to join. A schedule of
activities is put out each evening at 11pm featuring the next day's
activities. During our stay, the list stayed mostly the same
throughout although the typeface changed to make it look like there
were different activities. Breezes offers a wealth of activities:
Sailing, Wind Surfing, Roller Blading, Ice Skating, Tennis, Water
Skiing, Scuba Lessons, etc. However, even though many activities
are listed on the daily schedule, either no staff shows up for the
activity or it is cancelled for reasons unbeknownst to the guests.
During our stay, we were able to go Sailing and Waterskiing for only
1 day. For the others, the staff stated that the weather was
inclement. The temperature for the days in question hovered around
77 degrees with a light wind. Just the type of weather a beginning
sailor would long for. This meant no water activities at all--
except for the pool. Access to pool tables, ping-pong is virtually
impossible. Only at 7am could we find a free table. The staff does
a good job of putting on daily activities around the pool (bikini
contests, boxing, aerobics). Activities at night feature karaoke,
bands, and lip-sync contests. Luckily, board games are available to
stem your boredom from the lack of accessibility to all other
activities.

The Food
========
The food at the resort is lackluster, comparable to what you might
find in a college cafeteria, but you can eat all day long. Four
restaurants are located on premise: Pastafari, Garden of Eden, the
poolside grill, and a buffet. The buffet contains many different
choices and the food is decent. The restaurants are a step above
the buffet-- cooking your food to order, but the quality of the food is
the same. Some looks like it could have been taken straight from the
buffet. While there seemed to be plenty of room in the restaurants,
Breezes seemed to limit occupancy-- either to make it more exclusive
or because they were short-staffed. This made it difficult to get
reservations since we were competing with the 600 other guests staying
on premise. The one shining star on the food front was the grill
located near the pool. The food seemed slightly better than the rest
and the staff was very efficient. Try the conch fritters or the
Greek salad. The resort did a great good job with alcohol. Drinks
were plentiful, strong, made with top notch liquor, and available 24
hours a day. Staff was very efficient at getting drinks out fast. I
would especially recommend getting your drinks at the piano bar.
There is never a wait and they seem to put out better drinks (could
have just been the staff).

Service
=======
In general, service was excellent and the staff extremely friendly!
The hotel does a good job catering to everyone's needs and trying
to keep them happy.

Old January 6th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Gregory + Mary Lyons

Just my 2 cents on Breezes. It is a joke.
My wife and I (both in our mid-thirties) have been on numerous trips to
Mexico and a couple throughout the Caribbean. We were so disappointed
with this resort. We went last Feb hoping it would be a fun party spot
for a few days. The pool water was filthy. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY
was in the pool our entire 4 night stay. The food was nothing to write
home about, although Pastafaries Restaurant was pretty good. Activities
were pretty lame during the day. Every person working there had a chip
on their shoulder. No smiles, no "good morning" or "can I help you",
this includes the bartenders. The bathroom in our room had ants of
which we complained about our entire stay. Anyway, for the extra money
you are paying to stay there, skip it! Just let me add, my wife and I
are a fun loving couple who can laugh and have fun just about anywhere.
However, it ticks me off to pay good money to go to a "great" resort and
to have it be a dump!

Gregory and Mary Kelly