Favorite Meal onboard

Old March 17th, 2009, 01:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default Favorite Meal onboard

On Mar 12, 10:10�am, number6 wrote:
On Mar 11, 10:34�pm, "JeffH" wrote:

"Susette" wrote in message

NOW this is funny... and very memorable �so what was their answer to
your wait?

Susette,

IIRC, the head waiter informed me there were so many orders for the duck
they had to prepare more.

And to catch more duck in the middle of the ocean on a moving ship is
really tough ...

YOU oray a USAIR flight comes by cause they always seem to catch
Birds!

Susette
Cruise Outlets and Travel
www.cruiseoutlets.com
Come sail with the Vikings GO Dutch 6Dec09
Old March 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

"Susette" wrote in message
On Mar 12, 1:35�am, "John Sisker" wrote:
While some seem to like the brunch at Palo's (Disney Cruise Line) better
than dinner, we can't make that comparison. We were scheduled for brunch
as
well, but cancelled when the opportunity presented itself for us to attend
special event with Richard Sherman, a true Disney Legend. The brothers,
Richard and Robert Sherman were the famous song-writing team who worked
directly for Walt Disney himself, and wrote everything from It's a Small
World to all the Mary Poppins songs. Likewise, we are not too much in just
trying to compare restaurants, for that just encourages disappointment and
usually end up simply comparing apples to oranges. All in all though, we
were still quite please with dinner at Palo.

As to other specialty restaurants on other cruises/lines, we go so far
back
in that aspect, it is hard to remember. In fact, when we first started
cruising, there were no specialty restaurants at all - just early and late
dining. This was even before NCL coined the phrase 'Freestyle Dining".
However, on every cruise since this concept started, we make it a habit of
at least one specialty restaurant during the cruise - sometimes more.

Yet, at least to me, not one could compare to Palo. This is not to say
Palo
is and should be everyone's favorite. but it is for me, and that's what
was
originally asked.

Happy sailing...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Fair enough. I believe though its called Palo
Funny we went there on one night and had a very nice dinner. was it
the best? no but it was surely good. the next night our dinner
companions went, and they came back saying worst they ever had. I
could not believe in 24 hours the difference tween our meals, but i
guess when you run out of things ( esp the Choco souffle) that it
really can turn your dinner if you were hankering for it.
I liked palo alot.. bbut then going on other Cruiselines their
Specialty restaurants were much more memorable shall we say. I have
been to portofinos many times and sometimes are better then otherss
there as well.

Susette
Cruiseoutlets and Travel
www.cruiseoutlets.com
Come sail with the Vikings GO DUTCH 6Dec09

Susette,

You are correct. Thanks for pointing out my misspelling... it is indeed
Palo.

Likewise, as I said, some indicated that they liked the brunch at Palo's
much better than dinner, yet we didn't have that perspective as a comparison
for reasons already pointed out. Yet, dinner was just fine with me, but than
again, everything went as planned. Obviously, if things weren't quite up to
par, even in my book, than I would no-doubt have a different perspective.
But as for now, and at least for me, it is still dinner at Palo as my
favorite . However, that is still just my opinion and is indeed subjective.
It should be noted that even my wife Deborah, does not hold this same view.
In fact, she picked a buffet, on a different ship from a different cruise
line, as her favorite. Apparently, there are no right or wrong answers here,
just different opinions.

Happy sailing...
John