Adelaide to Melbourne GREAT OCEAN ROAD !

Old September 8th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Brizze

Default Adelaide to Melbourne GREAT OCEAN ROAD !

Hi Mates and Matildas,

Could anyone give me a good idea on how to get from Adelaide to Melbourne,
around the 18-19 december 2004
It is important that we see the Great Ocean Road, and that its not to
expensive, otherwise we are open to suggestions

Also, could anyone tell me exactly where the Great Ocean Road, begins and
ends. My best guess is
Port Apollo to Melbourne....or close to Melbourne?

Cheers all
Brian

Old September 8th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Alan

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:22:29 +0200, "Brizze" wrote:

Hi Mates and Matildas,

Could anyone give me a good idea on how to get from Adelaide to Melbourne,
around the 18-19 december 2004
It is important that we see the Great Ocean Road, and that its not to
expensive, otherwise we are open to suggestions

Also, could anyone tell me exactly where the Great Ocean Road, begins and
ends .Mybestguessis
Port Apollo to Melbourne....or close to Melbourne?

Cheers all
Brian

Hi Brian

Will you be driving or are you looking for one of the Bus tours?
The most popular section of the GOR is from Warrnambool to Anglesey, but
the section from Nelson on the SA border is often included. The scenery
between Nelson and Portland is fairly boring but the National Parks are
interesting in that district.

Anglesey is about a half-hour drive from Geelong, which is a little over
an hour from Melbourne.

If you are looking for bus tours, I can't advise. If you are driving,
are you looking at two nights (18th, 19th) en-route or just the 18th.

It'll be peak holiday season, so bookings if you stay on the coast will
be essential.

If you have two nights, I'd suggest Portland for your first stop and one
of the coastal towns between Peterborough and Lorne for the second one.
If you are staying just one night, then I'd recommend Warrnambool as the
stop-over. It's not critical - you could stay anywhere between Port
Fairy and Apollo Bay.

Incidentally, don't call any of the girls here Matilda (unless that's
their actual name:-) unless you can duck quickly.

If you want the scenic route before you leave SA, I'd suggest going via
Strathalbyn, Wellington (Lake Alexandrina), Meningie, the Coorong,
Kingston SE and Mt Gambier (the blue lake) then Nelson. It all depends
how much time you've got.

Cheers, Alan
Old September 8th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Brizze

Thanks Alan,

I wont be driving though

About the girls, thanks for the warning, and sorry girls
But what do you call them then, Sheilas or Lassies maybe ?

Brian

Old September 8th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Niels Osmers

Great choice, mate!

For detailed information about GOR have also a look on
www.greatoceanroad.org.

Have a nice ride
Niels

Old September 9th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Robin

One of the best trips for young people on a budget is on Wayward Bus
http://www.waywardbus.com.au/classic.html
Departs 18 Dec but for 3-nights - maybe too long??

A little shorter is Ozexperience VICTA PASS - ADELAIDE to MELBOURNE 3-days
http://www.ozexperience.com/oz/ozindex.htm

Another option is Adventure Tours 3-day tour that departs 17th or 19th Dec
http://www.adventuretours.com.au/tou...s-adelaide/AM3

An up-market Tour departing Thursday's is
http://www.affiliate.viator.com/broc...ADEL&AUID=2536

Robin

. ..

Old September 12th, 2004, 05:55 PM
www.poms.co.uk

"Brizze" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Mates and Matildas,

Could anyone give me a good idea on how to get from Adelaide to Melbourne,
around the 18-19 december 2004
It is important that we see the Great Ocean Road, and that its not to
expensive, otherwise we are open to suggestions

Also, could anyone tell me exactly where the Great Ocean Road, begins and
ends. My best guess is
Port Apollo to Melbourne....or close to Melbourne?

Cheers all
Brian

The gray hound buses do a cheap ocean road tour

http://www.poms.co.uk/mainframe.htm