Universal Florida

Old March 27th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Bill

Default Universal Florida

I was considering taking my family to Universal Studios in Orlando during a
trip in April. However, I just looked at the prices: $54 for an adult and
adults are considered to be aged 10 and over. That's kind of steep for a
family of four!

I'm sure there are discount tickets available somewhere, but I haven't found
them on the Web.

I'm not interested in multi-day or multi-activity deals. We'll be down in
Florida to visit family and we only want to spend one day in Orlando. Any
suggestions?

Old March 28th, 2004, 07:33 PM
GSHATTERHAND

Not only is there the steep admission, Bill, but when I was there about 10
years ago some of the most desirable attractions were not working.

After we'd stood in line for a long while a rep came out and explained this.
The crowd was then offered NOT a discount in admission but a free pass to
Universal that could be used on another occassion! And that was IF we went
ahead and paid full admission now and went on in.

This didn't take into consideration we were from Ohio and unlikely to be in FL
again any time soon to use the free pass. I don't know if anything like this
ever happens now.
Old March 29th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Bill

"clint" wrote in message
. ..
Have you considered antiquing in Mount Dora?

Why would I consider that?

Old March 29th, 2004, 09:03 PM
JamesStep

when I was there about 10 years ago some of the
most desirable attractions were not working.
After we'd stood in line for a long while a rep came
out and explained this...I don't know if anything like this
ever happens now.

In theme parks it's not unusual for an attraction or two to
be down on a particular day due to a breakdown, maintenence,
renovation, or whatever. If it's a major attraction they sometimes
will inform folks in line (often via a sign) so they'll be forewarned
before they buy their tickets. For example, a friend of mine drove
to Cedar Point last summer just to ride a particular roller coaster,
but at the ticket window a sign said that that coaster was down
that day for repairs, so he decided not to go in at all.

Sounds like you had bad luck, though, if several major attractions
were down on the same day.

This didn't take into consideration we were from Ohio and
unlikely to be in FL again any time soon to use the free pass.

Actually I'll bet they *did* take that into consideration; they
offered the free passes knowing full well that many people were
from out of town and would never use them.

But although you had a bad experience on that day, Universal is
generally considered to be an excellent park. The price is steep,
but that's true for most of the major parks.

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-