A Memorable Flight I would Rather Forget!

Old February 18th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Reef Fish

Default A Memorable Flight I would Rather Forget!

The inevitable finally happened, though I had mis-predicted that
it would happened before the end of 2003.

My streak of having 100% complimentary Elite Upgrades from coach
to First on Continental domestic flights (since the beginning of
my continuous Platinum status in the new Program which started
in 1999) was abruptly halted on the "most improbable" route of
EWR/ATL this morning.

CO 1169 -- 7:00 am (on B 737 with only 10 FC seats).

To add insult to injury, the plane sat on the runway for over
an hour on some nebulous report by the Captain about weather
in ATL, and the flight started one hour 20 minutes late.

Ah well, I slept through most of it and it arrived ATL safely
-- I guess that's a worthwhile consolation. ;-)

-- Bob.
Old February 19th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Douglas W. Hoyt

My streak of having 100% complimentary Elite Upgrades from coach to
First on Continental domestic flights (since the beginning of my continuous
Platinum status in the new Program which started in 1999) was abruptly
halted on the "most improbable" route of EWR/ATL this morning.

It must have been ghastly. I am a looowwwwwly NW Silver (or, as some say,
"tin"), but when I failed for the first time it was like "why hast though
forsaken me!!!" for the entire 80 minutes MEM-MSN.

Though one time I did duck into a bulkhead row in coach after failing to get
upgraded EWR-DTW (after a last-second schedule change) and had the row to
myself, because the erstwhile seat-holders had gotten the upgrades. That
was o.k.