Around the World Tickets

Old December 7th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Ken Tough

Default Around the World Tickets

Keith Willshaw wrote:

You cant go backwards on a RTW ticket

The BA scheme also works in zones, and doesn't stipulate direction.

--
Ken Tough
Old December 9th, 2003, 12:51 AM
Marcus Kern

Ken Tough wrote in message ...
Keith Willshaw wrote:

You cant go backwards on a RTW ticket

The BA scheme also works in zones, and doesn't stipulate direction.

Thanks everyone!

In the end I decided to drop India and Vietnam and only go for a Oz +
New Zealand trip. I went to Trailfinders and they gave me the
following deal:
1) Return with Japan Airlines London - Sydney GBP 549.00 + tax
2) Quantas Boomerang ticket Alice Springs-Perth, Perth-Brisbane,
Brisbane-Christchurch, Christchurch-Sydney GBP 420.00 + tax
3) The rest of local Sydney hopping I'll do with Virginblue.

This works out a nice trip at a very reasonable price.
Thanks again,

Marcus
http://www.marcuskern.com/
Old December 9th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Marcus Kern" wrote in message
om...
Ken Tough wrote in message

Keith Willshaw wrote:

You cant go backwards on a RTW ticket

The BA scheme also works in zones, and doesn't stipulate direction.

Thanks everyone!

In the end I decided to drop India and Vietnam and only go for a Oz +
New Zealand trip. I went to Trailfinders and they gave me the
following deal:
1) Return with Japan Airlines London - Sydney GBP 549.00 + tax
2) Quantas Boomerang ticket Alice Springs-Perth, Perth-Brisbane,
Brisbane-Christchurch, Christchurch-Sydney GBP 420.00 + tax
3) The rest of local Sydney hopping I'll do with Virginblue.

This works out a nice trip at a very reasonable price.
Thanks again,

Sounds like a great trip, have fun.

Keith

Old December 10th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Kathrin

Can anybody tell me about the prices of an Around The World Ticket??

---------------------------
Internet Travel Community
http://www.GLOBOsapiens.net

Jared Pop wrote:

Hello,

I am looking to go on an Around the World trip. I've heard that KLM
offers around the world tickets in different "mile denominations" ie
25000, 35000 etc etc. Do any other airlines offer these types of
deals, and if so, where should I start looking?

Thanks,

Jared

Old December 10th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Kathrin" wrote in message
Can anybody tell me about the prices of an Around The World Ticket??

Yes , the people concerned are called travel agents

Keith

Old December 10th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Henry

Kathrin wrote:

Can anybody tell me about the prices of an Around The World Ticket??

Your best bet is to talk to your travel agent, if you have a good
relationship with one. If you don't, go to a big agency and try to
convince them that you are serious. Travel agents don't like RTWs,
because they are complicated (i.e., a lot of work for them).

If you can't get a travel agent to take you through the main points,
then you can try one of the airlines--but you'll have to do some
research beforehand. There are at least four or five (maybe more)
airline partnerships or consortia that have RTW schemes, and any airline
you call will obviously only be able (and willing) to tell you about
their own.

Each plan has a number of levels or categories, and the price will
depend on such things as where you start/end your journey, how far you
go and/or how many stops you make, where you sit in the plane, etc.

You really need to have a basic understanding of what is involved before
you can even ask the right questions. Google is your friend.

cheers,

Henry