O/Tea - Woman makes cup of tea after being shot in head

Old April 20th, 2009, 06:36 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Mike[_24_]

Default O/Tea - Woman makes cup of tea after being shot in head

Keegan wrote:
On Apr 20, 11:55 am, didgerman wrote:
JollyRoger wrote:
On Apr 20, 12:30 am, didgerman wrote:
Keegan wrote:
On Apr 19, 2:30 pm, Shawn The Sheep wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...usa/5177344/Wo...
Woman makes cup of tea after being shot in head
An American woman who was shot in the head by her husband not only
survived but made herself a cup of tea.
By Our Foreign Staff and Agencies in Birmingham, Alabama
Last Updated: 5:29PM BST 19 Apr 2009
Police and doctors hailed the survival of Tammy Sexton, 47, as
miraculous after a bullet from a .38-calibre handgun struck her
squarely in the forehead, passed through her skull and exited through
the back of her head. She is expected to make a full recovery, while
her husband shot himself dead after the attack on his wife.
But law enforcement officers in Jackson County, Mississippi, were also
astonished that Mrs Sexton offered them tea when they arrived at her
home after the shooting.
Sheriff Mike Byrd said: "When the officer got there she said, 'What's
going on?' She was holding a rag on her head and talking. She was
conscious, but she was confused about what had happened.
"She had made herself some tea and offered the officer something to
drink.
You see? All this nonsense about guns being dangerous is just so
much liberal scaremongering...
Keegan...
Must've been shot at by some Yank: they couldn't hit a barn door if they
were holding the handle.- Hide quoted text -
Or unless they're saving your sorry ass from the Nazi's, hey Didge?

Channel islands aside, what the **** are you talking about?
Must we do this topic every time someone mentions the US?

lend lease...

Keegan...

Yes 'cos those terms were so generous.

How about we send the US a bill for the support that the UK has given
the US oil grab?

Mike
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:38 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Keegan wrote:
[...]

On the other hand, perhaps the incident adds credence to the notion that
denizens of the American South lack the normal complement of brain matter?
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:16 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Walter Mitty

"Spizz" writes:

"didgerman" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
Shawn The Sheep wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...t-in-head.html

[...]

"There's no way she should be alive other than a miracle from God. You
just don't hear of something like this. Somebody gets shot in the head
and they're dead."

He said that her husband had been on probation for domestic violence
and officers had been seeking to serve him with a court order
demanding he stayed away from his wife and their rural home.

He said the bullet apparently passed through the lobes of the woman's
brain without causing major damage. She was rushed to hospital by
helicopter where she has been monitored for three days.

Dr Patrick Pritchard, an assistant professor of surgery at the
University of Alabama-Birmingham, said: "There is a space in the brain
where a missile could pass without doing any major damage.

Of course for some this space is larger than for others, indeed I'd wager
that little short of a shotgun would give matua a headache

Still good on her - making a cup of tea after being shot in the head,
most people would have struggled to make instant coffee.

Mike

mg made a double frappo after some punk let lose a whole clip aimed
straight at his nadsack.
Obviously, they all missed.

I heard one of the bullets bounced off.

Spizz

I heard his lad has its own Uzi.

--
I want to keep fighting because it is the only thing that keeps me out
of the hamburger joints. If I don't fight, I'll eat this planet.
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:23 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
JollyRoger

Keegan wrote:
[...]

Mike- Hide quoted text -

How bout the US send you a bill (plus interest) for liberating your
country from a siege ;-)

Jolly
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:28 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Mike[_24_]

JollyRoger wrote:
Keegan wrote:
[...]

They only joined in 'cos the jap's threw a few firecrackers. Had they
kept their bombs to themselves the US would have stayed at home
profiteering for years.

Mike
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:30 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Mike[_24_]

Keegan wrote:
[...]

That was a good movie. The one about the U-Boat?

Spizz

They also saved the world on July 4th, Will Smith will be the first
black president of the US!

Mike
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:42 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Spizz

Keegan wrote:
[...]

Gotta love them Yanks. I've been a big fan of their world saving exploits
ever since they helped William Wallace kick the English out of Scotland in
the late 14th Century.

Spizz

Old April 20th, 2009, 07:43 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Spizz

"Mike" wrote in message
JollyRoger wrote:
wrote:
[...]

They made a fortune out of the war anyway, so it was a win/win.

Spizz

Old April 20th, 2009, 07:45 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Spizz

"Bobs" wrote in message
didgerman wrote:
Keegan wrote:
[...]

Unless they're head shooting pirates off Somalia, eh Didge?

That makes it a one all draw and everything to play for. Remember the Yank
'invasion' a few years ago. I watched it on the telly. They lost.

Spizz

Old April 20th, 2009, 07:51 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Erick T. Barkhuis

Spizz:

Remember the Yank 'invasion' a few years ago.

Sure.

I watched it on the telly.

So, you're a hero!

They lost.