Electronic Visa?

Old March 18th, 2004, 04:09 PM
jb

Default Electronic Visa?

Anyone ever used ont of the online electronic visitor visa from the US
to Oz? Have any trouble with it? Somehow I feel better having it put
in my passport before I leave home!

Thoughts?

John
Old March 18th, 2004, 04:55 PM
jb

Well, actually there IS a paper option. One can go to an Australian
Embassy and get the visa the old fashioned way!

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:24:04 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

In article ,
(jb) wrote:

Anyone ever used ont of the online electronic visitor visa from the US
to Oz? Have any trouble with it? Somehow I feel better having it put
in my passport before I leave home!

there;'s no paper option

Old March 18th, 2004, 04:56 PM
jb

Thanks for your comments.

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:47:04 GMT, Raffi Balmanoukian
a wrote:
That was my reaction first time I saw the ETA too; still, it works (rather
well).

Old March 18th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Frank Slootweg

jb wrote:
Anyone ever used ont of the online electronic visitor visa from the US
to Oz? Have any trouble with it? Somehow I feel better having it put
in my passport before I leave home!

Thoughts?

Not from the US, but from Europe. No problem whatsoever. To be on the
safe side, I noted down the information from the website
(http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/. Not that it is any kind of 'proof', but
anyway. You can also *check* your ETA on the website.

As far as a paper option: I think an embassy etc. will just do the
same. They might give you a printout, but that will be equally useless
(as the information/printouts from the website). I don't think they
make/put a note/sticker in your passport like they used to do.

If you haven't already done so, also see the FAQs on the site. Perhaps
this one puts your mind at ease (i.e. the airline won't let you fly
unless *they* are satisfied):

6. How does the airline know I have a visa to travel to Australia?

Airlines have access to the ETA database through their reservation
systems. They will make an enquiry to determine your visa status when
you check in for your flight.

Old March 18th, 2004, 08:26 PM
jb

Well let us nit pick shall we? There IS a paper option for an
Australian visitor visa-----which is what I referred to.

Obviously there is no peper option for an ETA.

Geezzz

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:04:03 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

In article ,
(jb) wrote:

Well, actually there IS a paper option. One can go to an Australian
Embassy and get the visa the old fashioned way!

i asked when ETA's inception first came around (1996?) No paper option.

Old March 18th, 2004, 08:26 PM
jb

Thank you sir.