Washington DC Tour Reccomendation?

Old September 26th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Miguel Cruz

Default Washington DC Tour Reccomendation?

Eugene Miya wrote:
Then you need to visit the Newseum in Arlington, but I've not had time
to visit it myself. One of these days.

You're too late. Or too early.

It closed a year or so ago, to move to DC. They're now building a new
facility near the Department of Canada. I think it's re-opening in 2006.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old October 2nd, 2003, 02:46 AM
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

THANKS to all the people who made suggestions regarding seeing
Washington DC.
We just returned from four days of walking, touring, walking,
museuming, photographing, walking, seeing...

We decided to walk from site to site along the MALL from the Capital
Building to the Lincoln Memorial. That was two days of walking,
visiting some Smithsoniansalong the way. Air and Space was
spectacular (me, a science buff).

Then we got a Metro pass for $6.00 on the last day and rode to
Arlington, Georgetown, and took the Shuttle to the Kennedy Center
where we received an almost private tour and got into a lot of rooms,
like the Presidential box, that most people don't see.

People were friendly and helpful; when we seemed lost, or to be
obvious tourists, many started up conversations and were proud to talk
about their city.

We had a great time, stayed at the inexpensive, clean, but somewhat
tired Harrington Hotel. It worked for us but others may find it too
drab. We were upgrade to a "suite" that contained a separate room
with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, second bathroom, and additional
TV. So that was nice for $89 per night. We left our car at their car
park for the four days but did have in/out privileges if we wanted.

Very nice trip, hardly any other tourists there so nothing was
crowded.

Thanks again,

Mike

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
+ (two mirrored sites)
+ http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
+ http://waveprohosting.com/tnguym
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old October 2nd, 2003, 01:50 PM
Juliana L Holm

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote:

THANKS to all the people who made suggestions regarding seeing
Washington DC.

I'm glad you had a good time, it is also good to hear some about Harrington.
I really must stay there some time just to evaluate it. But it's tough since
my home is walking distance from a metro station. ;-)

Julie

--
Julie