SCUBA Divers ONLY! Cheap Price, dive in Roatan, CoCoView

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Anonymous

Default SCUBA Divers ONLY! Cheap Price, dive in Roatan, CoCoView

I am making not penny one here, so call it spam if you must- I think
it's
just a good deal.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
CoCo View is a world class diving resort. If you want 'total
immersion
diving'
(sorry about the pun)- this is it. There is really very little on
Roatan
other than
SCUBA or snorkel. Both are superb as this side of Roatan is loaded
with
little critters and the diving is literaly just at the steps of your
room.
Through
the CoCoView dive training center, the PADI Dockside Dive Center, you
can learn to SCUBA dive, snorkel, or obtain advanced certifications.

Come for no other reason than to dive- and you will love this place.
If you
are
looking for white sandy beaches, parasols in your drinks, fancy
dining,
etc.-
go to Cayman. If you want "dive camp for adults", this is my favorite
resort-
I've been there 23 times for a rough total of 52 weeks.

I am running two trips to CoCoView Roatan and have some loose ends to
liquidate. I'm putting these out here at rec.travel.caribbean first,
rather
than
RSD-D2D or ScubaBoard. These are Saturday to Saturday trips. These
are
'dive industry rates' at net-net pricing. The freebies are part of the
price.

May 15-22, 2004 for $1110 with TACA airfare included Houston IAHRTB
Roatan. To get this rate, mention: "Doc's May Trip". This is selling
right
now from CCV for $1390 ($850+$540 air), but I have 6 spaces left at
the
$1110 price. Tax and tip, US airfare not included, but pretty much so
everything else!
See www.cocoviewresort.com, as you get the full run of the resort as
any
other guest. These are the 'over the water' cabanas, which was my
choice
and
preference. WHALE SHARKS are a deffinite maybe. Contact Roatan
Charter (as
below) for booking and air to Houston to link up- or book it
yourself.
Gotta
pull the trigger by April 14th.

December 11-18, 2004 for $650, CoCo View ground package only. Air
available,
it's named "Doc's December Trip" Otherwise, same as above. Call
Roatan
Charter at 800 282-8932 ext 307 and ask Liz for the trip by name to
get
this
deal.

The trip is to Roatan's CoCoView which is known for easy and great
"at
your
room door" shore diving as well as great dive boats that have many
features
for photographers. It is quite common to do 5x per day. NitrOx is
available
at an extra cost (see the website) and they have hot tub, massuese,
pedicures, bar, etc. Of course, all meals are included (great chow!)
and
welcome drink. It is not Cozumel, it is not Club Dread.

I will be there to take my group (you!) out shore diving and night
diving
(maybe twice a night!) and play with very bright UV BlackLights to
see what
corals will fluoresce quite brilliantly. You'll see Caribbean
Anemones and
Banded Coral Shrimp exhibit this reaction as well.

Get your "ticket punched" by seeing the fairly common Garden Eels,
Spotted
Eagles, Scorpions, Frog, Toad, big Groupers and Puffers, as well as
the
lesser seen noctournal Orange Ball Corellamorphs and Yellow Cup
Coral. I
will be leading an "Aquatic Critter Handshake Class"... showing you
how to
make Octopus and Squid want to play with your hand. We'll dive
'Mary's
Place' as well as the much better (imho) Calvin's Crack. Most sites
are
less
than 10 minutes from the resort- plus they've just dropped a new
"wreck"
for
a total of 3 diveable placed wrecks from CCV.

Less than 300 feet from your room lies sunk an intact 140' tanker
ship
sitting
upright in 35-65fsw, as well as the remnants of a DC3 aircraft. On
either
side lies two beautiful walls- all from the shore dive. From the
steps of
your room to the wreck is a five minute snorkel through an aquarium
of
delights. Night diving navigation is such a snap... an anchor chain
connects
the huge wreck to the resort.

Because of Roatan's well known variety of baby critters as well as
ones that
stay small, you'll get a powerful 10x glass magnifier and some advice
on
a guided dive as to how to make the best use of it.

Roatan is macro heaven, but you can sign up for the "Shark Dive" at
an
extra
cost, or head over to AKR for the snorkel Dolphin Experience on our
off-gassing day. On that Friday, I will lead a trip to the "far East"
end
of Roatan-
most people have not visited there as tourists.

I really like CCV and may have bought more trips than could sell at
retail,
so if you want a deal, here they are!

Call Liz at 800 282-8932 x307 and specify "Doc's Trip" to get these
prices
and
signed on for the extra goodies. See www.cocoviewresort.com for more
info.

I've been on rec.travel.caribbean for a few years and only chime in
about
places
that involve SCUBA diving. I think there are a few better places to
dive in
the
Caribbean, but you need a lot of moxey and money to do them. This is
just
plain
simple diving, no current, good viz, excellent reef health, at the
steps of
your room.
A qualified, motivated diver will have no problem with logging 5 dives
per
day.

Hope you'll join us.

Robert "Doc" Adelman, PADI (SCUBA) Instructor
--multiplaza.nl.nu--