[NYC] Upper west side

Old September 17th, 2003, 05:39 AM
Pan

Default [NYC] Upper west side

On 16 Sep 2003 18:17:02 -0700, (Rqf) wrote:

[snip]
The middle eastern restaurant is called Cleopatra's Needle - Broadway
between 94th and 93rd. Overpriced

It's my impression that this hasn't served primarily Middle Eastern
cuisine for many years now. It used to be an Egyptian restaurant back
in the day and the same family still owns it, but it's basically a
jazz club nowadays, and most of the food on the menu, I believe, is
Italian and American.

Periuvian - relatively new. Name is Sipan and is one the corner of
94th and AMsterdam. Good food and not overpriced..,

Yeah, I've read some good reports.

The Chinese/Spanish is the Neuva VIctoria on the corner of 95th and
Broadway.

Oh. I've never tried it. Oftentimes, the Chinas y Criollas places are
OK for cheap Cuban food, but it's usually a better idea not stick to
that and not the Chinese dishes.

Ate in Pampa once - meat was too tough for my taste.

How did you order your meat? I order it medium rare and I think it's
excellent.

Portions are huge
as you pointed out.

Yes, tremendous.

We agree on the Malecon if you don't mind smelling of garlic for a
week after you eat there. My favorite take out meal. A whole chicken,
yellow rice a container of red or black beans and an order of platinos
meduro. Feeds four people and cost is $11

I think garlic is terrific, by the way. :-p

Otherwise, our tastes don't seem too incompatible.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.
Old September 17th, 2003, 09:46 AM
zinzan

Thank you very much for the different tips and advices. Very helpful !
I'll save all the mails and bring them to NYC with me as I booked
Quality Inn on Broadway.